The GVFF from 7 PM to 10 PM Eastern time LIVE on your screen tonight - FREE - https://www.facebook.com/GVFF2020/
Here’s the full lineup (more or less appearing in reverse order, 15 minute sets)
Pete & Maura Kennedy
But please don't post this running order anywhere -- subject to change. It's a great list -- when I was judging performers for a conference showcase slot, I gave Louise Mosrie a perfect score. You have GOT to hear this girl sing. Erik Frandsen is a songwriting genius and actor who pops up every now and then on "Law & Order" -- his songs are equisitely detailed gems, and he was one of Van Ronk's closest friends. Greg Greenway is on "Laugh Tracks" and was 1/3 of the power trio of "Brother Sun" that took the folk world by storm a few years back. The Kennedys play the most powerful guitar duos. Cliff was part of "On A Winter's Night" that got stopped cold mid-tour on March 12th -- Happy Traum is a legend! Don White is the funniest performer I have ever worked with, and David Ippolito is a surprise -- this would have been his 29th summer as "That Guitar Man From Central Park," if not for the pandemic. For all you New Yorkers who've missed him, here's your chance to see him live again. Alyssa Dann is 18 years old and an incredibly gifted singer and player. Her Dad Mark Dann will be backing her on bass. Mark engineered my first album, "Future Fossils," 36 years ago! The one and only Rod MacDonald who started this festival in 1987 and has now brought it online, kicks things off.
After tonight it will be available online and then tomorrow it will also be on youtube. But there's nothing like watching it all happen live.
The Greenwich Village Folk Festival TONIGHT starting at 7 PM Eastern (4 PM Pacific)
- For decades Phil's sister Sonny Ochs has hosted these shows across the country -- tonight it's all LIVE and FREE on your screen
- We didn't know what songs we'd hear, and looking back on this, it's wonderful -- I list who plays when so you can skip to your favorites
- My live Hurdy Gurdy concert has been moved from indoors to online -- I'm joined by a dozen singer/songwriters each doing 2 songs -- from 7 PM to 10 PM Eastern
- It begins with a funny song for our times, "Stress" by Jim Infantino, ends with Kate Taylor's lovely, "I've Got A Message"
- A strong lineup for top to bottom -- the incomparable Jim Infantino opens, Kate closes, and an embarrassment of riches in between
- Columnist Jennifer Finney Boylan was inspired by the song to write about her best summer -- what was yours?
- The PFF asked me to help MC, and to do a 15-20 min minute set, which is the exact length of this one song, which is based on something that really happened
- Starting with Brooks Williams in Cambridge, UK --- closing with B&B in the US -- next month Bob Lind is headliner (yes, The Elusive Butterfly Of Love guy)
- Wonderful food (dining room opens at 5:30) -- spectacular desserts -- LIVE entertainment -- Tickets $25 in advance, $30 at the door.
- Believe it or not, when I wrote this song inspired by the 2009 Scripps Spelling Bee, I SPELT TWO WORDS WRONG! Finally I've made up for it.
- Jimmy Webb wrote the perfect song for the launch back in 1978, and here Michael Feinstein sings it.
- Have a favorite in the show? Here's when each performs so you can zip right to them --