The GVFF from 7 PM to 10 PM Eastern time LIVE on your screen tonight - FREE - https://www.facebook.com/GVFF2020/
Here’s the full lineup (more or less appearing in reverse order, 15 minute sets)
Pete & Maura Kennedy
But please don't post this running order anywhere -- subject to change. It's a great list -- when I was judging performers for a conference showcase slot, I gave Louise Mosrie a perfect score. You have GOT to hear this girl sing. Erik Frandsen is a songwriting genius and actor who pops up every now and then on "Law & Order" -- his songs are equisitely detailed gems, and he was one of Van Ronk's closest friends. Greg Greenway is on "Laugh Tracks" and was 1/3 of the power trio of "Brother Sun" that took the folk world by storm a few years back. The Kennedys play the most powerful guitar duos. Cliff was part of "On A Winter's Night" that got stopped cold mid-tour on March 12th -- Happy Traum is a legend! Don White is the funniest performer I have ever worked with, and David Ippolito is a surprise -- this would have been his 29th summer as "That Guitar Man From Central Park," if not for the pandemic. For all you New Yorkers who've missed him, here's your chance to see him live again. Alyssa Dann is 18 years old and an incredibly gifted singer and player. Her Dad Mark Dann will be backing her on bass. Mark engineered my first album, "Future Fossils," 36 years ago! The one and only Rod MacDonald who started this festival in 1987 and has now brought it online, kicks things off.
After tonight it will be available online and then tomorrow it will also be on youtube. But there's nothing like watching it all happen live.
The Greenwich Village Folk Festival TONIGHT starting at 7 PM Eastern (4 PM Pacific)
- The other three performers are Reggie Harris, Siobhan O'Brien, and Marc Douglas Berardo
- Going to the P.O. on Monday at 4 PM to mail out 25 that are going out free with purchase of my new album -- last chance for swag --
- Meet Don White, Megon McDonough, Elizabeth Mosier, Peg Espinola, and Janet Feld -- all doing what they do best
- Celebrating the release of my brand new album, 'ON MY WAY TO HOOTERVILLE' followed by Song-Swap with Surprise Guests on Friday night
- Sing and/or play along with Robin Batteau around 9 PM when he does his classic, "Guinevere" - let me know if you want the sheet music
- Believe me, this is so good, it's worth the asylum I am now living in to send it to you -- Alice Howe's version of "A Case Of You" is worth it alone!
- I chalk it up to working non-stop on my new album (deadline is Friday Noon) -- here's highlights of the Midnight Zoom After Party with Andrew Ratshin, Matt Price, Alice Howe & Freebo
- I was joined by Andrew Ratshin, Matt Price, and Alice Howe & Freebo -- plus a former Jeopardy! champion for smart fun
- Plus the special guests announced for Midnight (Eastern time) Zoom After Party Friday night
- Larry Robbins and George T. Conway III are voices of reason when Wm Barr has clearly gone mad
- My concert is sponsored by McCabe's Guitar Shop in Santa Monica, live on FB at 11 PM Eastern on Friday. The After Party on Zoom immediately follows at Midnight. Finally, something for your night owls!
- The first I intro is Ivan Neville, one of New Orleans' best -- it's $25 a day, but you can go back and rewatch everything later