The GVFF from 7 PM to 10 PM Eastern time LIVE on your screen tonight - FREE - https://www.facebook.com/GVFF2020/
Here’s the full lineup (more or less appearing in reverse order, 15 minute sets)
Pete & Maura Kennedy
But please don't post this running order anywhere -- subject to change. It's a great list -- when I was judging performers for a conference showcase slot, I gave Louise Mosrie a perfect score. You have GOT to hear this girl sing. Erik Frandsen is a songwriting genius and actor who pops up every now and then on "Law & Order" -- his songs are equisitely detailed gems, and he was one of Van Ronk's closest friends. Greg Greenway is on "Laugh Tracks" and was 1/3 of the power trio of "Brother Sun" that took the folk world by storm a few years back. The Kennedys play the most powerful guitar duos. Cliff was part of "On A Winter's Night" that got stopped cold mid-tour on March 12th -- Happy Traum is a legend! Don White is the funniest performer I have ever worked with, and David Ippolito is a surprise -- this would have been his 29th summer as "That Guitar Man From Central Park," if not for the pandemic. For all you New Yorkers who've missed him, here's your chance to see him live again. Alyssa Dann is 18 years old and an incredibly gifted singer and player. Her Dad Mark Dann will be backing her on bass. Mark engineered my first album, "Future Fossils," 36 years ago! The one and only Rod MacDonald who started this festival in 1987 and has now brought it online, kicks things off.
After tonight it will be available online and then tomorrow it will also be on youtube. But there's nothing like watching it all happen live.
The Greenwich Village Folk Festival TONIGHT starting at 7 PM Eastern (4 PM Pacific)
- Larry Robbins and George T. Conway III are voices of reason when Wm Barr has clearly gone mad
- My concert is sponsored by McCabe's Guitar Shop in Santa Monica, live on FB at 11 PM Eastern on Friday. The After Party on Zoom immediately follows at Midnight. Finally, something for your night owls!
- The first I intro is Ivan Neville, one of New Orleans' best -- it's $25 a day, but you can go back and rewatch everything later
- 90 minutes whittled down to 47 minutes live from Excelsior, Minnesota--London, England--NYC -- password protected --
- Two events tonight - 7 PM Eastern concert, 8 PM Eastern zoom song circle with two special guests -- here's the link to zoom, but please do not post it anywhere
- I wrote down start/stop times for each artist so you can skip to hear your favorites
- Suzanne Vega, Tom Chapin, The Chapin Sisters, Josh White Jr, Michael Fracasso, David Roth, Bev Grant, Guy Davis, David Massengill, & Bethany Yarrow
- At 3 PM Eastern, the Woodstock Folk Festival, at 7:30 PM debut of concert that Don White and I didn't realize was filmed, at 9:30 a Zoom song swap with surprise guests AND a Pie Beauty Contest
- Listen to this A++ singer sing her brilliant a cappella song, "Wear A Mask" -- and please share --
- Join Don White and me in the chat room of a watch party for a show we did that was secretly filmed four years ago -- and yes, the secret filmmaker will be there, too --
- Tickets are only $10 -- I'm sure it will be a fascinating conversation
- The GVFF from 7 PM to 10 PM Eastern time LIVE on your screen tonight - FREE - https://www.facebook.com/GVFF2020/