The GVFF from 7 PM to 10 PM Eastern time LIVE on your screen tonight - FREE - https://www.facebook.com/GVFF2020/
Here’s the full lineup (more or less appearing in reverse order, 15 minute sets)
Pete & Maura Kennedy
But please don't post this running order anywhere -- subject to change. It's a great list -- when I was judging performers for a conference showcase slot, I gave Louise Mosrie a perfect score. You have GOT to hear this girl sing. Erik Frandsen is a songwriting genius and actor who pops up every now and then on "Law & Order" -- his songs are equisitely detailed gems, and he was one of Van Ronk's closest friends. Greg Greenway is on "Laugh Tracks" and was 1/3 of the power trio of "Brother Sun" that took the folk world by storm a few years back. The Kennedys play the most powerful guitar duos. Cliff was part of "On A Winter's Night" that got stopped cold mid-tour on March 12th -- Happy Traum is a legend! Don White is the funniest performer I have ever worked with, and David Ippolito is a surprise -- this would have been his 29th summer as "That Guitar Man From Central Park," if not for the pandemic. For all you New Yorkers who've missed him, here's your chance to see him live again. Alyssa Dann is 18 years old and an incredibly gifted singer and player. Her Dad Mark Dann will be backing her on bass. Mark engineered my first album, "Future Fossils," 36 years ago! The one and only Rod MacDonald who started this festival in 1987 and has now brought it online, kicks things off.
After tonight it will be available online and then tomorrow it will also be on youtube. But there's nothing like watching it all happen live.
The Greenwich Village Folk Festival TONIGHT starting at 7 PM Eastern (4 PM Pacific)
- At 3 PM Eastern, the Woodstock Folk Festival, at 7:30 PM debut of concert that Don White and I didn't realize was filmed, at 9:30 a Zoom song swap with surprise guests AND a Pie Beauty Contest
- Listen to this A++ singer sing her brilliant a cappella song, "Wear A Mask" -- and please share --
- Join Don White and me in the chat room of a watch party for a show we did that was secretly filmed four years ago -- and yes, the secret filmmaker will be there, too --
- Tickets are only $10 -- I'm sure it will be a fascinating conversation
- The GVFF from 7 PM to 10 PM Eastern time LIVE on your screen tonight - FREE - https://www.facebook.com/GVFF2020/
- Two separate events -- for those celebrating at home -- For song swap the first 100 who show up get in.
- Let me know if you want to hear something I haven't done in a long time -- the show is 8 PM Eastern, under the umbrella of the Swallow Hill Music School of Denver
- All you need is a square cotton napkin, 16x16 or 20x20, or square paper napkin - all ages, all skill levels, beginners welcome
- Robbie Fairchild, star of Broadway's "An American In Paris," lifts his neighbors' spirits by performing a one-man show on his rooftop
- I toured 9 years with Don -- all his humor is based around being a father and now a Grandfather -- you DUDES will LOVE him today!
- I'm doing one song at 8 PM Eastern tonight and teaching how to fold a cloth napkin like Downton Abbey - p.s. from Neil deGrasse Tyson
- "More Than Meets The Eye" by Sandy Cash -- The Times of Israel helps put her song/video on the map