See Tom Paxton, Loudon Wainwright, Holly Near, Joe Jencks, Rory Block, Don Armstrong, Ellis Paul, and others celebrate the Caffe Lena's 60th anniversary
In the first 24 hours more than 3,500 people have watched it -- I had no idea how wonderful this was going to be -- but it IS! As good as anything you'll see on PBS -- and the closer, Joe Jencks, practically gives a master class in how you pay tribute to such a venerable venue. The amazing thing is that the show was pulled together in one week. ONE week. Kudos to Sarah Craig & Company.
"Happy 60th Anniversary Caffe Lena from John Winn, Tom Paxton, Holly Near, Joe Jencks, Rory Block, Don Armstrong, Steve Gillette & Cindy Mangsen, Ellis Paul, Pete & Maura Kennedy, Bill Staines, new discovery Sawyer Fredericks and me"
1 hour 51 minutes - but only available a limited time so don't wait too long to watch it
The closing performer, Joe Jencks, is going to be live tomorrow night, Saturday, at 9 Eastern time, via Winnipeg. I'm SURE if you watch him close the Caffe Lena show, you'll want to see him do a whole FREE concert. He's THAT good. Here's the link for that:
Joe Jencks Live and Free via Winnipeg:
If you know Joe, you know what I'm talking about. if you don't, here's your chance -- 9 Eastern, 6 Pacific, though I'm pretty sure it's 2 AM London time, but I know a few night owls in London who will be happy.
- I wrote a song about him on my last album, "First Dance/Last Dance"
- "Trade Up"
- Two surprise guests from Rochester, NY, one from Key West Florida at 7:30 show -- then After Party til 9:30
- Saturday night at 7:30 PM Eastern solo concert for Golden Link of Rochester; 8:45 After Party with my friends Kat Goldman & David Ippolito
- Dar Williams is now part of the Congressional Record -- her quote starts five seconds in
- Will have a special 6 song tribute to Dave Van Ronk for a very special reason
- I sent my Click & Grow farm FB post to the company and they responded by offering a 15% discount to any friends of mine
- "Painting Resilience: The Life & Art of Fred Terna" by Julia Mayer -- the most important project I have ever worked on
- Alice Howe is a spectacular singer, Freebo a brilliant bassist - I'm their guest on Wednesday at 8 PM Eastern - plus an "After Party" with a surprise guest
- The best new song of 2021 has already been written, "Because We Need You Now" by Cliff Eberhardt & Tom Prasada-Rao
- One last video -- thank you all who sent photos for it -- Happy New Year --
- Thank you all who came to our concert -- one final video -- thanks to all who sent photos for it - "Sealed With A Kiss"