See Tom Paxton, Loudon Wainwright, Holly Near, Joe Jencks, Rory Block, Don Armstrong, Ellis Paul, and others celebrate the Caffe Lena's 60th anniversary
In the first 24 hours more than 3,500 people have watched it -- I had no idea how wonderful this was going to be -- but it IS! As good as anything you'll see on PBS -- and the closer, Joe Jencks, practically gives a master class in how you pay tribute to such a venerable venue. The amazing thing is that the show was pulled together in one week. ONE week. Kudos to Sarah Craig & Company.
"Happy 60th Anniversary Caffe Lena from John Winn, Tom Paxton, Holly Near, Joe Jencks, Rory Block, Don Armstrong, Steve Gillette & Cindy Mangsen, Ellis Paul, Pete & Maura Kennedy, Bill Staines, new discovery Sawyer Fredericks and me"
1 hour 51 minutes - but only available a limited time so don't wait too long to watch it
The closing performer, Joe Jencks, is going to be live tomorrow night, Saturday, at 9 Eastern time, via Winnipeg. I'm SURE if you watch him close the Caffe Lena show, you'll want to see him do a whole FREE concert. He's THAT good. Here's the link for that:
Joe Jencks Live and Free via Winnipeg:
If you know Joe, you know what I'm talking about. if you don't, here's your chance -- 9 Eastern, 6 Pacific, though I'm pretty sure it's 2 AM London time, but I know a few night owls in London who will be happy.
- Your chance to be part of music history -- Kate Taylor and Peter Asher in the studio 50 years after "Sister Kate"
- 8 PM concert, followed by 9:15 song swap with Robin Batteau, Shanna In A Dress, and Jane Godfrey
- Am selling my CDs myself - want 'em autographed? Just ask! I'm the president, messenger, receptionist, and bookkeeper of my record company.
- Robin Batteau and me from 4-5:15 Eastern; at 5:30 Robin & I co-host Hillary Rollins' annual House Party open mic - both free -- many confirmed performers already -- a one night songwriters' festival
- What better way to prepare for the debate? Will be showing 4BB vids and Robin Batteau's brand new one, too - LIVE!
- Robin was live at the Greenwich Village Folk Festival; friends watching him joined him -- what a result --
- The other three performers are Reggie Harris, Siobhan O'Brien, and Marc Douglas Berardo
- Going to the P.O. on Monday at 4 PM to mail out 25 that are going out free with purchase of my new album -- last chance for swag --
- Meet Don White, Megon McDonough, Elizabeth Mosier, Peg Espinola, and Janet Feld -- all doing what they do best
- Celebrating the release of my brand new album, 'ON MY WAY TO HOOTERVILLE' followed by Song-Swap with Surprise Guests on Friday night
- Sing and/or play along with Robin Batteau around 9 PM when he does his classic, "Guinevere" - let me know if you want the sheet music
- Believe me, this is so good, it's worth the asylum I am now living in to send it to you -- Alice Howe's version of "A Case Of You" is worth it alone!