Stories about radio host Bob Sherman, Pete Seeger, Dave Van Ronk, George Wurzbach, Livingston Taylor, Garry Novikoff, and Laura Weber
Chapter 2 Cold Pizza For Breakfast read aloud video
And in case you haven't heard Chapter 1:
I am in a wedding out of town on the 19th, so if you'd like to order this book and do it by the 17th, you get a free CD and I'll mail it out before I leave. I'm playing the wedding march, and am so nervous. I wrote it over a year ago, and I play it ten times in a row when I wake up, and 10 times in a row before I go to bed, then during the day whenever I start to feel panic coming on. I'm sure someone will film it and if I play a clam -- well, the only good thing about that is that the wedding is happening on a beach and it won't be the only clam there.
The free CD is the June issue of the Hudson Harding compilation, or if you prefer something else, just tell me which one you want.
If you're looking for a good movie, "In The Heights" just opened (is in theaters AND on HBO Max) -- it's thrilling. I can say with certainty that it's a film for all ages, all persuasions, and if they were alive Esther Williams, Busby Berkeley, and Fred Astaire would be cheering it on.
Have a wonderful Sunday!
- For decades Phil's sister Sonny Ochs has hosted these shows across the country -- tonight it's all LIVE and FREE on your screen
- We didn't know what songs we'd hear, and looking back on this, it's wonderful -- I list who plays when so you can skip to your favorites
- My live Hurdy Gurdy concert has been moved from indoors to online -- I'm joined by a dozen singer/songwriters each doing 2 songs -- from 7 PM to 10 PM Eastern
- It begins with a funny song for our times, "Stress" by Jim Infantino, ends with Kate Taylor's lovely, "I've Got A Message"
- A strong lineup for top to bottom -- the incomparable Jim Infantino opens, Kate closes, and an embarrassment of riches in between
- Columnist Jennifer Finney Boylan was inspired by the song to write about her best summer -- what was yours?
- The PFF asked me to help MC, and to do a 15-20 min minute set, which is the exact length of this one song, which is based on something that really happened
- Starting with Brooks Williams in Cambridge, UK --- closing with B&B in the US -- next month Bob Lind is headliner (yes, The Elusive Butterfly Of Love guy)
- Wonderful food (dining room opens at 5:30) -- spectacular desserts -- LIVE entertainment -- Tickets $25 in advance, $30 at the door.
- Believe it or not, when I wrote this song inspired by the 2009 Scripps Spelling Bee, I SPELT TWO WORDS WRONG! Finally I've made up for it.
- Jimmy Webb wrote the perfect song for the launch back in 1978, and here Michael Feinstein sings it.
- Have a favorite in the show? Here's when each performs so you can zip right to them --