So now I'm posting it on YouTube, too, and at midnight every night I will be posting a new chapter
Here are the first two chapters of my new project, reading aloud this Willa Cather novella. Actress Joanne Woodward's dream was to turn this book into a film, but she is now retired and that dream is unfulfilled. I'm hoping that a young filmmaker will make her dream come true. Joanne Woodward believed so strongly in this book that she once booked herself into Symphony Space in NYC and read the book aloud over two nights to a sold out crowd. I'm no actress, but I do the best I can (I recorded an audio version of my book a few years back, so I learned a bit about out-loud reading -- one of the things I learned is that I will never write the words, "particularly," or "similarly" ever again!).
"Lucy Gayheart" by Willa Cather -- first two chapters I read aloud:
Evey night at midnight I'll be posting a new chapter or chapters -- Chapter 3 is done, is 20 minutes long -- so tonight's midnight episode will just be the one chapter.
You can read along or listen along, or turn the volume down and read it aloud yourself.
- Maude Maggart, my favorite singer in the world, sings this brand new song, written by Hillary Rollins & Michele Brourman, and we made this video together
- And here's a word from FREEBO - who is also part of Fleming Fest
- Chapte 14, 15 and 16 -- the run-up to Lucy's life about to experience a seismic change
- This chapter includes "She Never Told Her Love" with words by William Shakespeare and music by Franz Joseph Haydn
- 23 minutes long -- special surprise at the end of Chapter 11's recording
- Chapter 10 is 13 minutes long -- the story of Lucy, Clement, and Harry in the midwest at the turn of the 20th century
- 17 minutes long -- quietest recording yet -- recorded last night at 2 AM when the trains on the Manhattan Bridge thin out
- Set at the turn of the 20th Century in Haverford, Nebraska and Chicago, IL Lucy the pianist, Clement the opera singer, Harry the young banker
- You can read along, or close your eyes and listen along
- Chapters 1-3 sent earlier this week
- Chapters 1 and 2 were sent this time last night -- here's the next chapter in the book, when things start to percolate . . .
- So now I'm posting it on YouTube, too, and at midnight every night I will be posting a new chapter