So now I'm posting it on YouTube, too, and at midnight every night I will be posting a new chapter
Here are the first two chapters of my new project, reading aloud this Willa Cather novella. Actress Joanne Woodward's dream was to turn this book into a film, but she is now retired and that dream is unfulfilled. I'm hoping that a young filmmaker will make her dream come true. Joanne Woodward believed so strongly in this book that she once booked herself into Symphony Space in NYC and read the book aloud over two nights to a sold out crowd. I'm no actress, but I do the best I can (I recorded an audio version of my book a few years back, so I learned a bit about out-loud reading -- one of the things I learned is that I will never write the words, "particularly," or "similarly" ever again!).
"Lucy Gayheart" by Willa Cather -- first two chapters I read aloud:
Evey night at midnight I'll be posting a new chapter or chapters -- Chapter 3 is done, is 20 minutes long -- so tonight's midnight episode will just be the one chapter.
You can read along or listen along, or turn the volume down and read it aloud yourself.
- The other three performers are Reggie Harris, Siobhan O'Brien, and Marc Douglas Berardo
- Going to the P.O. on Monday at 4 PM to mail out 25 that are going out free with purchase of my new album -- last chance for swag --
- Meet Don White, Megon McDonough, Elizabeth Mosier, Peg Espinola, and Janet Feld -- all doing what they do best
- Celebrating the release of my brand new album, 'ON MY WAY TO HOOTERVILLE' followed by Song-Swap with Surprise Guests on Friday night
- Sing and/or play along with Robin Batteau around 9 PM when he does his classic, "Guinevere" - let me know if you want the sheet music
- Believe me, this is so good, it's worth the asylum I am now living in to send it to you -- Alice Howe's version of "A Case Of You" is worth it alone!
- I chalk it up to working non-stop on my new album (deadline is Friday Noon) -- here's highlights of the Midnight Zoom After Party with Andrew Ratshin, Matt Price, Alice Howe & Freebo
- I was joined by Andrew Ratshin, Matt Price, and Alice Howe & Freebo -- plus a former Jeopardy! champion for smart fun
- Plus the special guests announced for Midnight (Eastern time) Zoom After Party Friday night
- Larry Robbins and George T. Conway III are voices of reason when Wm Barr has clearly gone mad
- My concert is sponsored by McCabe's Guitar Shop in Santa Monica, live on FB at 11 PM Eastern on Friday. The After Party on Zoom immediately follows at Midnight. Finally, something for your night owls!
- The first I intro is Ivan Neville, one of New Orleans' best -- it's $25 a day, but you can go back and rewatch everything later