I'm not MC-ing this time, I'm in the show -- MCs are Ron Olesko and Sonny Ochs
The concert begins at 7 PM Eastern time sharp, and the lineup is a mix of new voices, legends, and everything in between. Everybody does 15 minutes, and if any tips come in they get split equally among the performers, which is the folk music way.
Some names might be unfamiliar -- Steve Addabbo is most well known as a producer, having produced Suzanne Vega's very first album (which I love to this day), but he's also a fine singer/songwriter on his own.
Annie Burns is yes, that Annie from The Burns Sisters, a group known for gorgeous harmonies and songs -- she's now got her own trio.
Crys Matthews is the up and comer with a powerful voice and point of view that is garnering her a large following everywhere she appears.
Pat Wictor was 1/3 of "Brother Sun" for years, but most important to know is that he was hit extremely hard by covid-19, and we are all thrilled that he is back full strength.
Amy Speace possesses a beautiful voice, lives in Nashville, and writes the best country/pop/folk songs I've heard in a long, long time.
Howard Levy is an incredible bluesman with a harmonica who takes the blues places it rarely goes, at unheard of tempos.
Emma's Revolution is the old school kind of folk duo not afraid to write songs that comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.
Bill Staines -- what to say about Bill Staines -- I opened for him the first time I ever played Passim in Cambridge, and I remember that show to this day. We'll be singing his his songs a hundred years from now, like, "All God's creatures got a place in the choir/some sing low/some sing higher . . . "
David Roth -- I remember when I first saw him at the Speakeasy in the early 1980s. We all knew instantly he was brilliantly talented, so it's not surprising to see how accomplished he is now. Not to mention all the good works he does in the music community.
So watch the show live on Facebook, Youtube, just the audio at folkmusicnotebook.com, and visit greenwichvillagefolkfestival.org to find out more.
TONIGHT'S LIVE GREENWICH VILLAGE FOLK FESTIVAL:
LIVE ON FACEBOOK:
LIVE ON YOUTUBE:
JUST THE AUDIO:
Thank you for supporting live music. Let's hope we'll be back onstage soon.
- The true story of my sister Mary's pet albino guinea pig "Piglet" and the day Joe Namath asked if he could pet him
- Sunday, June 13, 2021
- That's what I get for working in the middle of the night when I should have been sleeping! And there's a glitch at the 'store' that will be fixed by Monday
- Stories about radio host Bob Sherman, Pete Seeger, Dave Van Ronk, George Wurzbach, Livingston Taylor, Garry Novikoff, and Laura Weber
- Buy 2 or more CDs and get brand new FREE compilation with new songs and recordings by Sloan Wainwright, Amy Speace, Rob Siegel, me, and others
- I'm not MC-ing this time, I'm in the show -- MCs are Ron Olesko and Sonny Ochs
- New song/video: "The Best Summer" by Christine Lavin
- Includes the debut of "The Best Summer" song/video that I hope will inspire you to have your best summer
- Need a good beach book this summer? Watch me read chapter 1 of my book where I relive the nightmare of opening for Joan Rivers
- A private concert for The Ark in Ann Arbor, with After Party featuring a living legend and a future living legend
- Join Tom Prasada-Rao, Alice Howe, Cliff Eberhardt, Crys Matthews, The Queler/Farber Band, Rebecca Loebe, Rod MacDonald & More w/Ron Olesko and me tag-teaming MCs
- "That Elusive Blue" when it's not quite day, not quite night - from the album COLD PIZZA FOR BREAKFAST