Columnist Jennifer Finney Boylan was inspired by the song to write about her best summer -- what was yours?
I've known this was going to happen for the past two weeks, but couldn't say anything because you never know in this crazy world. I would love it if you could write in the comments on the NYT page what your best summer was. That was all I asked of the columnist -- please have a comments section so people can write their own recollections -- and that is what is happening.
It's also posted on my FB page, so you can write your comments there, too.
I know this summer hasn't been the best for most of us, but if you think back I'm sure you'll find a past summer that was.
- In time for Christmas/Kwanzaa/Boxing Day/New Year's/Solstice -- and late Chanukah gift --
- An embarrassment of riches in-between -- David Mallett ("Inch By Inch, Row By Row"), guitarist extraordinaire Mary Flower, jazzy comedian Vance Gilbert, musical storyteller Walter Parks, happy bluesman Robert Ross, brilliant raconteur . . .
- "Ballad Of The Sandman" written and perfumed by Mike Agranoff (spoken word) -- I made this video for him -- and for you
- We chat about my show w/Deirdre Flint on Monday 11/22, Suzanne Vega, my brother Christopher, Bob Dylan's Rolling Thunder Revue, the kind of love you never recover from . . . and more . . .
- Another embarrassment of riches -- this might be the best GVFF so far -- remastered
- For decades Phil's sister Sonny Ochs has hosted these shows across the country -- tonight it's all LIVE and FREE on your screen
- We didn't know what songs we'd hear, and looking back on this, it's wonderful -- I list who plays when so you can skip to your favorites
- My live Hurdy Gurdy concert has been moved from indoors to online -- I'm joined by a dozen singer/songwriters each doing 2 songs -- from 7 PM to 10 PM Eastern
- It begins with a funny song for our times, "Stress" by Jim Infantino, ends with Kate Taylor's lovely, "I've Got A Message"
- A strong lineup for top to bottom -- the incomparable Jim Infantino opens, Kate closes, and an embarrassment of riches in between
- Columnist Jennifer Finney Boylan was inspired by the song to write about her best summer -- what was yours?
- The PFF asked me to help MC, and to do a 15-20 min minute set, which is the exact length of this one song, which is based on something that really happened