Starting with Brooks Williams in Cambridge, UK --- closing with B&B in the US -- next month Bob Lind is headliner (yes, The Elusive Butterfly Of Love guy)
The August 2021 edition of the Greenwich Village Folk Festival
Rod MacDonald at the start
Christine Lavin introduces Brooks Williams 4:30
Brooks Williams 6:20
Ron Olesko introduces Nicole Yarlong 25:22
Nicole Yarling 26:06
Walt Michael 44:48
Deirdre Flint 1:08:04
Peter Gallway 1:27:00
Mad Agnes Trio 1:46:30
Carolann Solebello 2:04:30
Joe Jencks 2:22:30
Lili Anel 2:45:40
Buskin & Batteau 3:04:00 - 3:30:00
Rod MacDonald says good night — next show will be on September 5th, same time, same station, different cast led by Bob Lind (yes, of “The Elusive Butterfly Of Love”) — Rod MacD is friends with him in Florida and says he’s a great guitar player and still has a beautiful voice. Can’t wait! I covered his song in quite an unusual way a few years back.
I was the suprise entertainment at a man's 70th birthday party at the Coral Gables Country Club in Florida. He loved folk music, and inbetween my sets a DJ played dance music -- but none of that was folk music. I asked the DJ what the most popular dance beat is and he said 120 beats per minute. So I strung together five of my favorite folk tunes and put a dance beat under them so that now folk fans DO have something to dance to:
"Reminiscing With The Gentle Lonely Elusive Butterfly Of Love"
Robin Batteau plays on it, so does Paul Prestopino, who accompanied Peter Paul & Mary for years, so don't think I'm being disrespectful.
I think it's worth repeating the advice that Joe Williams (who was Nicole Yarling's mentor) always gave to singers: Never touch the principal, sing with the interest. I met him late in his career on a Sunday at the Detroit airport -- and I got to thank him for that advice.
I hope your summer is going well --
- The PFF asked me to help MC, and to do a 15-20 min minute set, which is the exact length of this one song, which is based on something that really happened
- Starting with Brooks Williams in Cambridge, UK --- closing with B&B in the US -- next month Bob Lind is headliner (yes, The Elusive Butterfly Of Love guy)
- Wonderful food (dining room opens at 5:30) -- spectacular desserts -- LIVE entertainment -- Tickets $25 in advance, $30 at the door.
- Believe it or not, when I wrote this song inspired by the 2009 Scripps Spelling Bee, I SPELT TWO WORDS WRONG! Finally I've made up for it.
- Jimmy Webb wrote the perfect song for the launch back in 1978, and here Michael Feinstein sings it.
- Have a favorite in the show? Here's when each performs so you can zip right to them --
- and ends 3 hours later with John McCutcheon live from the States -- watch it LIVE and FREE on FB and YouTube, or listen to audio on folkmusicnotebook.com
- The true story of my sister Mary's pet albino guinea pig "Piglet" and the day Joe Namath asked if he could pet him
- Sunday, June 13, 2021
- That's what I get for working in the middle of the night when I should have been sleeping! And there's a glitch at the 'store' that will be fixed by Monday
- Stories about radio host Bob Sherman, Pete Seeger, Dave Van Ronk, George Wurzbach, Livingston Taylor, Garry Novikoff, and Laura Weber
- Buy 2 or more CDs and get brand new FREE compilation with new songs and recordings by Sloan Wainwright, Amy Speace, Rob Siegel, me, and others