Gene Weingarten, a two-time Pulitzer winner, has written quite some book -- here's an excerpt
Gene picked a date out of a hat -- December 28, 1986 -- and went about writing an astonishing book about what happened that day, which just was published on Tuesday. It's ONE DAY: THE EXTRAORDINARY STORY ON AN ORDINARY 24 HOURS IN AMERICA.
A week ago a publication in Oregon published one chapter from Gene's book, which is both incredibly heartbreaking and yet life affirming: https://www.oregonlive.com/health/2019/10/the-tragic-redemptive-journey-of-one-human-heart.html
I emailed Gene after I read it, asking if I could make a video for his book? He said he'd rather I write a song about it, but I want others to know about this book now. Even though he said not to make a video, I did anyway, and it turns out he really likes it.
92 Seconds of Reviews for ONE DAY: THE EXTRAORDINARY STORY OF AN ORDINARY 24 HOURS IN AMERICA
I'm reading the book now -- and I'll be giving it away on November 7th at the first "On A Winter's Night" concert with John Gorka, Cliff Eberhardt, Patty Larkin, and Cheryl Wheeler on November 7th at the Tarrytown Music Hall.
- Highlights from the Forever Plaid 30th Plaidiversary Reunion Special (26 minutes & 40 seconds)
- See Tom Paxton, Loudon Wainwright, Holly Near, Joe Jencks, Rory Block, Don Armstrong, Ellis Paul, and others celebrate the Caffe Lena's 60th anniversary
- Also part of this tonight -- Don Armstrong, Rory Block, Steve Gillette & Cindy Mangsen and others
- The people on Mulberry Street in Rochester, NY thank all essential workers doing their jobs
- Joanne Woodward's dream was to turn this book into a film -- I hope this will get it a step closer
- After this, only 2 chapters left to read (will be posted on Sunday night)
- here's the real chapter 3 of "Lucy Gayheart" by Willa Cather -- sorry about that!
- 7-1/2 minutes to get us all on the same page so we're prepared for the ending of the book (which will be posted late Saturday and late Sunday)
- Red Grammer & Kenny White are the soundtrack for my brother Christopher's wonderful project in Geneva
- 18-1/2 minutes The last two chapters of Book 2 -- Book 3 will follow soon
- Lucy Gayheart -- Book 2, Chapters 8 & 9 -- 11 minutes 22 seconds -- Christmas comes to Haverford
- There's an interesting footnote at the end of Chapter 7 that I think you'd dig