The true story of my sister Mary's pet albino guinea pig "Piglet" and the day Joe Namath asked if he could pet him
Last week our family gathered for a wedding on Martha's Vineyard where I played the wedding march that I wrote for the happy couple. I was so stressed -- afraid I'd play a clam. I knew it wouldn't be the first clam to hit that beach -- but luckily I practiced for hours and hours and made it through clam-less. If you have my latest album, "On My Way To Hooterville," a viola arrangement of that wedding march is a hidden track 12.
My sister (the mother of the bride) was worried about bad luck if anyone knew about that wedding march in advance, but now I can tell you it's there. It's played by a teenager named Amelia Krinke who wrote that arrangement, based on my guitar solo. Amelia is now 17 and is at a sleepaway classical music camp. Remember her name. She could be a contender.
Here's Chapter 3 of COLD PIZZA -- a chapter that includes a family story that will live in infamy -- the day that I got the nerve to ask Joe Namath to teach me how to throw a football (the NY Jets' summer training camp was the military school where we all grew up) -- was the same day Mary was walking her pet guinea pig named Piglet. True story. TO THIS DAY Mary gets flustered if you bring it up. She's probably not thrilled that I have read this chapter aloud, but it really happened. Enjoy! And make this your best summer.
Chapter 3 of COLD PIZZA FOR BREAKFAST
"PIGLET MEETS JOE NAMATH"
- Starting with Brooks Williams in Cambridge, UK --- closing with B&B in the US -- next month Bob Lind is headliner (yes, The Elusive Butterfly Of Love guy)
- Wonderful food (dining room opens at 5:30) -- spectacular desserts -- LIVE entertainment -- Tickets $25 in advance, $30 at the door.
- Believe it or not, when I wrote this song inspired by the 2009 Scripps Spelling Bee, I SPELT TWO WORDS WRONG! Finally I've made up for it.
- Jimmy Webb wrote the perfect song for the launch back in 1978, and here Michael Feinstein sings it.
- Have a favorite in the show? Here's when each performs so you can zip right to them --
- and ends 3 hours later with John McCutcheon live from the States -- watch it LIVE and FREE on FB and YouTube, or listen to audio on folkmusicnotebook.com
- The true story of my sister Mary's pet albino guinea pig "Piglet" and the day Joe Namath asked if he could pet him
- Sunday, June 13, 2021
- That's what I get for working in the middle of the night when I should have been sleeping! And there's a glitch at the 'store' that will be fixed by Monday
- Stories about radio host Bob Sherman, Pete Seeger, Dave Van Ronk, George Wurzbach, Livingston Taylor, Garry Novikoff, and Laura Weber
- Buy 2 or more CDs and get brand new FREE compilation with new songs and recordings by Sloan Wainwright, Amy Speace, Rob Siegel, me, and others
- I'm not MC-ing this time, I'm in the show -- MCs are Ron Olesko and Sonny Ochs