Includes the debut of "The Best Summer" song/video that I hope will inspire you to have your best summer
To make it easy to skip to your favorites, here's the lineup, which includes a surprise visitor who zoom-bombed in from London: the incomparable Daniel Cainer, who does a song from his wildly popular one-man show, "Gifilte Fish & Chips" --
1:10 Dandelion - Jaspar Lepak
5:58 Butter Yellow Boots - Raun MacKinnon
12:58 Until That Day - Christine Lavin
21:41 Jimmy Lavin Reads Dad’s Letter May 16, 1944
28:50 Under The Table - Daniel Cainer
38:45 The Best Summer (video) - Christine Lavin
42:40 The Thing About Mountains - Japar & The Lepak Family
Highlights of Friday night Ark "After-Party"
Have a wonderful weekend!
- We didn't know what songs we'd hear, and looking back on this, it's wonderful -- I list who plays when so you can skip to your favorites
- My live Hurdy Gurdy concert has been moved from indoors to online -- I'm joined by a dozen singer/songwriters each doing 2 songs -- from 7 PM to 10 PM Eastern
- It begins with a funny song for our times, "Stress" by Jim Infantino, ends with Kate Taylor's lovely, "I've Got A Message"
- A strong lineup for top to bottom -- the incomparable Jim Infantino opens, Kate closes, and an embarrassment of riches in between
- Columnist Jennifer Finney Boylan was inspired by the song to write about her best summer -- what was yours?
- The PFF asked me to help MC, and to do a 15-20 min minute set, which is the exact length of this one song, which is based on something that really happened
- Starting with Brooks Williams in Cambridge, UK --- closing with B&B in the US -- next month Bob Lind is headliner (yes, The Elusive Butterfly Of Love guy)
- Wonderful food (dining room opens at 5:30) -- spectacular desserts -- LIVE entertainment -- Tickets $25 in advance, $30 at the door.
- Believe it or not, when I wrote this song inspired by the 2009 Scripps Spelling Bee, I SPELT TWO WORDS WRONG! Finally I've made up for it.
- Jimmy Webb wrote the perfect song for the launch back in 1978, and here Michael Feinstein sings it.
- Have a favorite in the show? Here's when each performs so you can zip right to them --
- and ends 3 hours later with John McCutcheon live from the States -- watch it LIVE and FREE on FB and YouTube, or listen to audio on folkmusicnotebook.com