Robbie Fairchild, star of Broadway's "An American In Paris," lifts his neighbors' spirits by performing a one-man show on his rooftop
Monday night's "Jim Caruso's Pajama Cast Party" is the BEST show I have seen in my 17 years of attending. It begins with the Tony-winning actor/singer Alice Ripley, includes Ruby Locknar, not only the show's producer, but celebrating her 21st birthday AND stopping the show with a performance she'll be proud of forever, and this, my favorite moment in an A+++ show -- former principal dancer of the NYC ballet, Robbie Fairchild, who starred in, "An American In Paris" on Broadway (saw it 2x because of him), showing off his dance moves on his rooftop.
Robbie Fairchild on his NYC rooftop
Here's the entire 100 minute show --
Cast Party going online is one of the few silver linings of this pandemic -- now thousands of people each week get to see it, not just the 120 who can squeeze into Birdland every Monday night. When I say this is the BEST show I have ever seen Jim Caruso put together and host, I don't say things like that lightly. And the fact that Ruby Locknar, whose idea this was to go online, gets to stop the show on her 21st birthday -- what a moment for her. I have watched her perform at Cast Party at Birdland since she was six years old. I feel like a proud aunt.
A show like this makes me miss Ed Sullivan. Wherever he is, I'm sure he's thrilled that Jim Caruso is carrying on his proud tradition of bringing the best live performers to your screen.
- Your chance to be part of music history -- Kate Taylor and Peter Asher in the studio 50 years after "Sister Kate"
- 8 PM concert, followed by 9:15 song swap with Robin Batteau, Shanna In A Dress, and Jane Godfrey
- Am selling my CDs myself - want 'em autographed? Just ask! I'm the president, messenger, receptionist, and bookkeeper of my record company.
- Robin Batteau and me from 4-5:15 Eastern; at 5:30 Robin & I co-host Hillary Rollins' annual House Party open mic - both free -- many confirmed performers already -- a one night songwriters' festival
- What better way to prepare for the debate? Will be showing 4BB vids and Robin Batteau's brand new one, too - LIVE!
- Robin was live at the Greenwich Village Folk Festival; friends watching him joined him -- what a result --
- The other three performers are Reggie Harris, Siobhan O'Brien, and Marc Douglas Berardo
- Going to the P.O. on Monday at 4 PM to mail out 25 that are going out free with purchase of my new album -- last chance for swag --
- Meet Don White, Megon McDonough, Elizabeth Mosier, Peg Espinola, and Janet Feld -- all doing what they do best
- Celebrating the release of my brand new album, 'ON MY WAY TO HOOTERVILLE' followed by Song-Swap with Surprise Guests on Friday night
- Sing and/or play along with Robin Batteau around 9 PM when he does his classic, "Guinevere" - let me know if you want the sheet music
- Believe me, this is so good, it's worth the asylum I am now living in to send it to you -- Alice Howe's version of "A Case Of You" is worth it alone!