Robbie Fairchild, star of Broadway's "An American In Paris," lifts his neighbors' spirits by performing a one-man show on his rooftop
Monday night's "Jim Caruso's Pajama Cast Party" is the BEST show I have seen in my 17 years of attending. It begins with the Tony-winning actor/singer Alice Ripley, includes Ruby Locknar, not only the show's producer, but celebrating her 21st birthday AND stopping the show with a performance she'll be proud of forever, and this, my favorite moment in an A+++ show -- former principal dancer of the NYC ballet, Robbie Fairchild, who starred in, "An American In Paris" on Broadway (saw it 2x because of him), showing off his dance moves on his rooftop.
Robbie Fairchild on his NYC rooftop
Here's the entire 100 minute show --
Cast Party going online is one of the few silver linings of this pandemic -- now thousands of people each week get to see it, not just the 120 who can squeeze into Birdland every Monday night. When I say this is the BEST show I have ever seen Jim Caruso put together and host, I don't say things like that lightly. And the fact that Ruby Locknar, whose idea this was to go online, gets to stop the show on her 21st birthday -- what a moment for her. I have watched her perform at Cast Party at Birdland since she was six years old. I feel like a proud aunt.
A show like this makes me miss Ed Sullivan. Wherever he is, I'm sure he's thrilled that Jim Caruso is carrying on his proud tradition of bringing the best live performers to your screen.
- Wonderful food (dining room opens at 5:30) -- spectacular desserts -- LIVE entertainment -- Tickets $25 in advance, $30 at the door.
- Believe it or not, when I wrote this song inspired by the 2009 Scripps Spelling Bee, I SPELT TWO WORDS WRONG! Finally I've made up for it.
- Jimmy Webb wrote the perfect song for the launch back in 1978, and here Michael Feinstein sings it.
- Have a favorite in the show? Here's when each performs so you can zip right to them --
- and ends 3 hours later with John McCutcheon live from the States -- watch it LIVE and FREE on FB and YouTube, or listen to audio on folkmusicnotebook.com
- The true story of my sister Mary's pet albino guinea pig "Piglet" and the day Joe Namath asked if he could pet him
- Sunday, June 13, 2021
- That's what I get for working in the middle of the night when I should have been sleeping! And there's a glitch at the 'store' that will be fixed by Monday
- Stories about radio host Bob Sherman, Pete Seeger, Dave Van Ronk, George Wurzbach, Livingston Taylor, Garry Novikoff, and Laura Weber
- Buy 2 or more CDs and get brand new FREE compilation with new songs and recordings by Sloan Wainwright, Amy Speace, Rob Siegel, me, and others
- I'm not MC-ing this time, I'm in the show -- MCs are Ron Olesko and Sonny Ochs
- New song/video: "The Best Summer" by Christine Lavin