Looking for still photos or short (less than 10 sec) clips of you with a photo of someone you've missed this past year
Did you know The Four Bitchin' Babes recorded "Sealed With A Kiss"? It happened in 1993 and I just re-heard it and think it would make a great end-of-year video where we acknowledge all those who we've missed over this past tough year.
If you could send me a selfie or short video of you holding a photo of someone you miss. You could also send a video kissing the photo, or blowing it a kiss. You could hold the photo in such a way that we can't see who it is if that is more comfortable for you. You can use wetransfer.com if your video is greater than 25 MB (it's free to use).
Here's a 7-sec video I made to give an example --
Above is a photo I have already received for this video -- it's from Jacquie, with her granddaughter Lucy, who she hasn't met yet. That's what will be in the credits.
Please send photos/videos to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and put SWAK in the subject line. Please list names if you want them in the credits, just first names if you don't want last names, or no names if you don't want to be identified.
Maybe you've missed your grandparents, or you are grandparents missing grandkids? Or maybe you miss the local pizza man you haven't seen much of this past year.
Don White and I are doing a live concert at 7 PM on NYE and this video will be part of the pre-show entertainment. And it will also be posted on FB --
Thanks if you can be part of this!
Sealed With A Kiss,
- For decades Phil's sister Sonny Ochs has hosted these shows across the country -- tonight it's all LIVE and FREE on your screen
- We didn't know what songs we'd hear, and looking back on this, it's wonderful -- I list who plays when so you can skip to your favorites
- My live Hurdy Gurdy concert has been moved from indoors to online -- I'm joined by a dozen singer/songwriters each doing 2 songs -- from 7 PM to 10 PM Eastern
- It begins with a funny song for our times, "Stress" by Jim Infantino, ends with Kate Taylor's lovely, "I've Got A Message"
- A strong lineup for top to bottom -- the incomparable Jim Infantino opens, Kate closes, and an embarrassment of riches in between
- Columnist Jennifer Finney Boylan was inspired by the song to write about her best summer -- what was yours?
- The PFF asked me to help MC, and to do a 15-20 min minute set, which is the exact length of this one song, which is based on something that really happened
- Starting with Brooks Williams in Cambridge, UK --- closing with B&B in the US -- next month Bob Lind is headliner (yes, The Elusive Butterfly Of Love guy)
- Wonderful food (dining room opens at 5:30) -- spectacular desserts -- LIVE entertainment -- Tickets $25 in advance, $30 at the door.
- Believe it or not, when I wrote this song inspired by the 2009 Scripps Spelling Bee, I SPELT TWO WORDS WRONG! Finally I've made up for it.
- Jimmy Webb wrote the perfect song for the launch back in 1978, and here Michael Feinstein sings it.
- Have a favorite in the show? Here's when each performs so you can zip right to them --