Let me know if you want to hear something I haven't done in a long time -- the show is 8 PM Eastern, under the umbrella of the Swallow Hill Music School of Denver
My beloved Aunt Patsy (Pat Crawford Brown) used to joke that all her film and TV roles supported her "theater habit." One day she and her acting friends came up with a game called, "Who was in the movie with the world's worst title?" Aunt Patsy won because she was in "Piranha Women Of The Avocado Jungle Of Death." Apparently that title was so bad it was changed to "Cannibal Women Of The Avocado Jungle Of Death," though I wrote this song before that change occurred. And I never have actually seen the whole movie -- just Aunt Patsy's scene.
She plays the supply clerk, so before they can venture into the Avocado Jungle of Death they need to equip themselves, and she dispatches her scene with great alacrity. And it's a crucial scene. If she hadn't given them the tools they needed, the movie would have been over, no trip to the jungle. After a while, Aunt Patsy began to specialize in such small but crucial scenes because she always brought some extra "oomph" to these parts.
On "Murder She Wrote," she plays the drug store cashier who talks up and then sells Jessica Fletcher the "Celtic Sunrise" perfume that is a crucial clue as to who committed the murder. On that one she got to use her Irish brogue to great effect.
In "Romy & Michele's High School Reunion," she plays the world weary diner waitress who asks Romy and Michele what kind of business they are in (they are pestering her for a "business women's lunch," which Aunt Patsy tells them doesn't exist). But they keep pestering, til she finally asks what their line of business is -- they are on their way to their high school reunion and want to impress all the students who dissed them years ago, so they decided to dress up "like business women."
So when Aunt Patsy asks them that crucial question, they realize they hadn't thought that far. They are two lovable pinheads.
On the spot they decide they invented post-it notes, and there's even a dream sequence where one of them recites the formula for the real post-it note glue. So Aunt Patsy's question kickstarted the film in a whole different direction. "Romy & Michele's High School Reunion" is like "Dumb & Dumber" for girls.
“Piranha Women Of The Avocado Jungle Of Death”
Please wear a mask!
- I wrote a song about him on my last album, "First Dance/Last Dance"
- "Trade Up"
- Two surprise guests from Rochester, NY, one from Key West Florida at 7:30 show -- then After Party til 9:30
- Saturday night at 7:30 PM Eastern solo concert for Golden Link of Rochester; 8:45 After Party with my friends Kat Goldman & David Ippolito
- Dar Williams is now part of the Congressional Record -- her quote starts five seconds in
- Will have a special 6 song tribute to Dave Van Ronk for a very special reason
- I sent my Click & Grow farm FB post to the company and they responded by offering a 15% discount to any friends of mine
- "Painting Resilience: The Life & Art of Fred Terna" by Julia Mayer -- the most important project I have ever worked on
- Alice Howe is a spectacular singer, Freebo a brilliant bassist - I'm their guest on Wednesday at 8 PM Eastern - plus an "After Party" with a surprise guest
- The best new song of 2021 has already been written, "Because We Need You Now" by Cliff Eberhardt & Tom Prasada-Rao
- One last video -- thank you all who sent photos for it -- Happy New Year --
- Thank you all who came to our concert -- one final video -- thanks to all who sent photos for it - "Sealed With A Kiss"