If you have a sewing machine, cotton fabric, and a desire to help, the medical world needs what you can do
I've been a fan of Sally Fingerett's since we first met in 1980, but it wasn't til 1989 when we became friends. She is one of the founding members of The Four Bitchin' Babes, and she is an avid seamstress when she's not creating music, or cooking (her kugel! her kugel!), or writing books. When I heard she was sewing face masks in Ohio, I asked for her help to make a video to teach us all how we can do that. We've worked 12 hour days since last Friday, and just finished this video tonight.
If you can sew, or if you know anyone who can, please share this. Sally happened to have 35 years of fabric "stash" locked away, so now she's putting her sewing talent to good use while recycling beloved yards of fabric she's been saving for a rainy day. She wants to show you how easy it is to make face masks that are so needed right now.
Sally Fingerett Teaches You How To Make A Cotton Face Mask
I included bits of Sally's music in this video -- she really is a multi-faceted multi-talented person. She continues to guide The Four Bitchin' Babes, managing the group and finding news way to connect to audiences. But now she just wants to help. Thanks if you can, too.
Stay home (for now)!
- Two separate events -- for those celebrating at home -- For song swap the first 100 who show up get in.
- Let me know if you want to hear something I haven't done in a long time -- the show is 8 PM Eastern, under the umbrella of the Swallow Hill Music School of Denver
- All you need is a square cotton napkin, 16x16 or 20x20, or square paper napkin - all ages, all skill levels, beginners welcome
- Robbie Fairchild, star of Broadway's "An American In Paris," lifts his neighbors' spirits by performing a one-man show on his rooftop
- I toured 9 years with Don -- all his humor is based around being a father and now a Grandfather -- you DUDES will LOVE him today!
- I'm doing one song at 8 PM Eastern tonight and teaching how to fold a cloth napkin like Downton Abbey - p.s. from Neil deGrasse Tyson
- "More Than Meets The Eye" by Sandy Cash -- The Times of Israel helps put her song/video on the map
- Here's "Lavin Live at Passim for one hour" -- in the first 24 hours it's been viewed more than 4,500 times -- who knew?
- Free concert and song swap tonight -- starting at 8 PM at passim.org -- then we're all moving over to Zoom at 9:15
- June 1, 2020 8:45 PM FDR Drive/under the Manhattan Bridge
- Highlights from the Forever Plaid 30th Plaidiversary Reunion Special (26 minutes & 40 seconds)
- See Tom Paxton, Loudon Wainwright, Holly Near, Joe Jencks, Rory Block, Don Armstrong, Ellis Paul, and others celebrate the Caffe Lena's 60th anniversary