Highlights from the Forever Plaid 30th Plaidiversary Reunion Special (26 minutes & 40 seconds)
I first saw this show back in 1990 -- and five times again after that -- it's been going for 30 years now, and the original cast and the creator of the show (Stuart Ross) all got together on zoom last week to relive some of the memories.
I watched it, I asked the boys if they could give me the original clips and zoom call, and an hour ago they gave me the thumb's up that I can now share this. You'll be amazed to hear stories about who some of their devoted fans were (and are).
If you like gorgeous close harmony singing paired with merry mischief, I know whenever this show takes to the road again, you won't want to miss it. Til then -- we can watch this. And yes, that is the voice of the late great Fred Willard you hear (along with David Hyde Pierce) introducing the show. I've been friends with Stuart since the 1990s but didn't remember until working on this that Fred was one of their biggest fans. Now it's bittersweet and poignant to hear Fred introduce them from the afterlife, since he's there now, too. Sigh.
"Highlights Of the FOREVER PLAID 30th Plaidiversary Reunion with Stuart Ross & the Original Cast (Jason Graae, Stan Chandler, David Engel, Larry Raben, and Guy Stroman)" dedicated to the memory of James Raitt
(broadcast live on May 20, 2020 by Musical Theatre West, musical.org)
Remember to keep self-distancing, washing your hands, and wearing a face mask. We are not out of the woods.
- Wonderful food (dining room opens at 5:30) -- spectacular desserts -- LIVE entertainment -- Tickets $25 in advance, $30 at the door.
- Believe it or not, when I wrote this song inspired by the 2009 Scripps Spelling Bee, I SPELT TWO WORDS WRONG! Finally I've made up for it.
- Jimmy Webb wrote the perfect song for the launch back in 1978, and here Michael Feinstein sings it.
- Have a favorite in the show? Here's when each performs so you can zip right to them --
- and ends 3 hours later with John McCutcheon live from the States -- watch it LIVE and FREE on FB and YouTube, or listen to audio on folkmusicnotebook.com
- The true story of my sister Mary's pet albino guinea pig "Piglet" and the day Joe Namath asked if he could pet him
- Sunday, June 13, 2021
- That's what I get for working in the middle of the night when I should have been sleeping! And there's a glitch at the 'store' that will be fixed by Monday
- Stories about radio host Bob Sherman, Pete Seeger, Dave Van Ronk, George Wurzbach, Livingston Taylor, Garry Novikoff, and Laura Weber
- Buy 2 or more CDs and get brand new FREE compilation with new songs and recordings by Sloan Wainwright, Amy Speace, Rob Siegel, me, and others
- I'm not MC-ing this time, I'm in the show -- MCs are Ron Olesko and Sonny Ochs
- New song/video: "The Best Summer" by Christine Lavin