Highlights from the Forever Plaid 30th Plaidiversary Reunion Special (26 minutes & 40 seconds)
I first saw this show back in 1990 -- and five times again after that -- it's been going for 30 years now, and the original cast and the creator of the show (Stuart Ross) all got together on zoom last week to relive some of the memories.
I watched it, I asked the boys if they could give me the original clips and zoom call, and an hour ago they gave me the thumb's up that I can now share this. You'll be amazed to hear stories about who some of their devoted fans were (and are).
If you like gorgeous close harmony singing paired with merry mischief, I know whenever this show takes to the road again, you won't want to miss it. Til then -- we can watch this. And yes, that is the voice of the late great Fred Willard you hear (along with David Hyde Pierce) introducing the show. I've been friends with Stuart since the 1990s but didn't remember until working on this that Fred was one of their biggest fans. Now it's bittersweet and poignant to hear Fred introduce them from the afterlife, since he's there now, too. Sigh.
"Highlights Of the FOREVER PLAID 30th Plaidiversary Reunion with Stuart Ross & the Original Cast (Jason Graae, Stan Chandler, David Engel, Larry Raben, and Guy Stroman)" dedicated to the memory of James Raitt
(broadcast live on May 20, 2020 by Musical Theatre West, musical.org)
Remember to keep self-distancing, washing your hands, and wearing a face mask. We are not out of the woods.
- The other three performers are Reggie Harris, Siobhan O'Brien, and Marc Douglas Berardo
- Going to the P.O. on Monday at 4 PM to mail out 25 that are going out free with purchase of my new album -- last chance for swag --
- Meet Don White, Megon McDonough, Elizabeth Mosier, Peg Espinola, and Janet Feld -- all doing what they do best
- Celebrating the release of my brand new album, 'ON MY WAY TO HOOTERVILLE' followed by Song-Swap with Surprise Guests on Friday night
- Sing and/or play along with Robin Batteau around 9 PM when he does his classic, "Guinevere" - let me know if you want the sheet music
- Believe me, this is so good, it's worth the asylum I am now living in to send it to you -- Alice Howe's version of "A Case Of You" is worth it alone!
- I chalk it up to working non-stop on my new album (deadline is Friday Noon) -- here's highlights of the Midnight Zoom After Party with Andrew Ratshin, Matt Price, Alice Howe & Freebo
- I was joined by Andrew Ratshin, Matt Price, and Alice Howe & Freebo -- plus a former Jeopardy! champion for smart fun
- Plus the special guests announced for Midnight (Eastern time) Zoom After Party Friday night
- Larry Robbins and George T. Conway III are voices of reason when Wm Barr has clearly gone mad
- My concert is sponsored by McCabe's Guitar Shop in Santa Monica, live on FB at 11 PM Eastern on Friday. The After Party on Zoom immediately follows at Midnight. Finally, something for your night owls!
- The first I intro is Ivan Neville, one of New Orleans' best -- it's $25 a day, but you can go back and rewatch everything later