Highlights from the Forever Plaid 30th Plaidiversary Reunion Special (26 minutes & 40 seconds)
I first saw this show back in 1990 -- and five times again after that -- it's been going for 30 years now, and the original cast and the creator of the show (Stuart Ross) all got together on zoom last week to relive some of the memories.
I watched it, I asked the boys if they could give me the original clips and zoom call, and an hour ago they gave me the thumb's up that I can now share this. You'll be amazed to hear stories about who some of their devoted fans were (and are).
If you like gorgeous close harmony singing paired with merry mischief, I know whenever this show takes to the road again, you won't want to miss it. Til then -- we can watch this. And yes, that is the voice of the late great Fred Willard you hear (along with David Hyde Pierce) introducing the show. I've been friends with Stuart since the 1990s but didn't remember until working on this that Fred was one of their biggest fans. Now it's bittersweet and poignant to hear Fred introduce them from the afterlife, since he's there now, too. Sigh.
"Highlights Of the FOREVER PLAID 30th Plaidiversary Reunion with Stuart Ross & the Original Cast (Jason Graae, Stan Chandler, David Engel, Larry Raben, and Guy Stroman)" dedicated to the memory of James Raitt
(broadcast live on May 20, 2020 by Musical Theatre West, musical.org)
Remember to keep self-distancing, washing your hands, and wearing a face mask. We are not out of the woods.
- I wrote a song about him on my last album, "First Dance/Last Dance"
- "Trade Up"
- Two surprise guests from Rochester, NY, one from Key West Florida at 7:30 show -- then After Party til 9:30
- Saturday night at 7:30 PM Eastern solo concert for Golden Link of Rochester; 8:45 After Party with my friends Kat Goldman & David Ippolito
- Dar Williams is now part of the Congressional Record -- her quote starts five seconds in
- Will have a special 6 song tribute to Dave Van Ronk for a very special reason
- I sent my Click & Grow farm FB post to the company and they responded by offering a 15% discount to any friends of mine
- "Painting Resilience: The Life & Art of Fred Terna" by Julia Mayer -- the most important project I have ever worked on
- Alice Howe is a spectacular singer, Freebo a brilliant bassist - I'm their guest on Wednesday at 8 PM Eastern - plus an "After Party" with a surprise guest
- The best new song of 2021 has already been written, "Because We Need You Now" by Cliff Eberhardt & Tom Prasada-Rao
- One last video -- thank you all who sent photos for it -- Happy New Year --
- Thank you all who came to our concert -- one final video -- thanks to all who sent photos for it - "Sealed With A Kiss"