Free concert and song swap tonight -- starting at 8 PM at passim.org -- then we're all moving over to Zoom at 9:15
Tonight from 8 -9 PM Eastern I will be doing a live concert at passim.org, immediately followed by a 'song-swap' on zoom where 3 top notch singer/songwriters will join me for an informal 'in the round' song circle. Who are the three? Can't tell you -- they are a surprise, but I love all three so I think you will too.
Here's a preview of my show:
The concert is at passim.org (then links to Facebook Live), and the song swap, starting at approximately 9:15 is at zoom.us. Here's what you need to get into zoom, but please don't post these numbers anywhere -- it's by invitation only -- just go to zoom.us after the first concert, click on "join a meeting"
Meeting ID: 926 3502 8354
Both are free events, though tipping is allowed, but not required.
If you have never done Zoom before, prepare where you'll be watching from, turn off TV, anything that makes noise (put the dog in the other room if he/she's a barker), close your windows if it's a noisy neighborhood -- since there will be four of us doing music, and everyone can hear everyone else's sound, you want minimal noise. You can also 'mute' your microphone if that helps.
You can share this info with friends, but make sure they don't post the Zoom numbers anywhere public (there is a problem with strangers "zoom-bombing" events, and we're trying to avoid any such disruptions).
Stay safe! We still have an 8 PM curfew in NYC, so if you're in New York, now you've got something fun to do.
- I wrote a song about him on my last album, "First Dance/Last Dance"
- "Trade Up"
- Two surprise guests from Rochester, NY, one from Key West Florida at 7:30 show -- then After Party til 9:30
- Saturday night at 7:30 PM Eastern solo concert for Golden Link of Rochester; 8:45 After Party with my friends Kat Goldman & David Ippolito
- Dar Williams is now part of the Congressional Record -- her quote starts five seconds in
- Will have a special 6 song tribute to Dave Van Ronk for a very special reason
- I sent my Click & Grow farm FB post to the company and they responded by offering a 15% discount to any friends of mine
- "Painting Resilience: The Life & Art of Fred Terna" by Julia Mayer -- the most important project I have ever worked on
- Alice Howe is a spectacular singer, Freebo a brilliant bassist - I'm their guest on Wednesday at 8 PM Eastern - plus an "After Party" with a surprise guest
- The best new song of 2021 has already been written, "Because We Need You Now" by Cliff Eberhardt & Tom Prasada-Rao
- One last video -- thank you all who sent photos for it -- Happy New Year --
- Thank you all who came to our concert -- one final video -- thanks to all who sent photos for it - "Sealed With A Kiss"