Free concert and song swap tonight -- starting at 8 PM at passim.org -- then we're all moving over to Zoom at 9:15
Tonight from 8 -9 PM Eastern I will be doing a live concert at passim.org, immediately followed by a 'song-swap' on zoom where 3 top notch singer/songwriters will join me for an informal 'in the round' song circle. Who are the three? Can't tell you -- they are a surprise, but I love all three so I think you will too.
Here's a preview of my show:
The concert is at passim.org (then links to Facebook Live), and the song swap, starting at approximately 9:15 is at zoom.us. Here's what you need to get into zoom, but please don't post these numbers anywhere -- it's by invitation only -- just go to zoom.us after the first concert, click on "join a meeting"
Meeting ID: 926 3502 8354
Both are free events, though tipping is allowed, but not required.
If you have never done Zoom before, prepare where you'll be watching from, turn off TV, anything that makes noise (put the dog in the other room if he/she's a barker), close your windows if it's a noisy neighborhood -- since there will be four of us doing music, and everyone can hear everyone else's sound, you want minimal noise. You can also 'mute' your microphone if that helps.
You can share this info with friends, but make sure they don't post the Zoom numbers anywhere public (there is a problem with strangers "zoom-bombing" events, and we're trying to avoid any such disruptions).
Stay safe! We still have an 8 PM curfew in NYC, so if you're in New York, now you've got something fun to do.
- Wonderful food (dining room opens at 5:30) -- spectacular desserts -- LIVE entertainment -- Tickets $25 in advance, $30 at the door.
- Believe it or not, when I wrote this song inspired by the 2009 Scripps Spelling Bee, I SPELT TWO WORDS WRONG! Finally I've made up for it.
- Jimmy Webb wrote the perfect song for the launch back in 1978, and here Michael Feinstein sings it.
- Have a favorite in the show? Here's when each performs so you can zip right to them --
- and ends 3 hours later with John McCutcheon live from the States -- watch it LIVE and FREE on FB and YouTube, or listen to audio on folkmusicnotebook.com
- The true story of my sister Mary's pet albino guinea pig "Piglet" and the day Joe Namath asked if he could pet him
- Sunday, June 13, 2021
- That's what I get for working in the middle of the night when I should have been sleeping! And there's a glitch at the 'store' that will be fixed by Monday
- Stories about radio host Bob Sherman, Pete Seeger, Dave Van Ronk, George Wurzbach, Livingston Taylor, Garry Novikoff, and Laura Weber
- Buy 2 or more CDs and get brand new FREE compilation with new songs and recordings by Sloan Wainwright, Amy Speace, Rob Siegel, me, and others
- I'm not MC-ing this time, I'm in the show -- MCs are Ron Olesko and Sonny Ochs
- New song/video: "The Best Summer" by Christine Lavin