Today at 5 PM Eastern, then archived for later viewing -- will be approx 1 hour
Richard Skipper made his living for many years as Carol Channing -- yes, he did an entire Carol Channing show in drag that was so convincing that I took an old friend to see it, who thought it WAS Carol Channing for real (very easy to make that mistake) and wanted to go backstage, but was afraid he'd be stopped by bodyguards. I told him we COULD go backstage because it wasn't the real Carol Channing, and I doubted there would be bodyguards. My friend was absolutely shocked. He watched the whole concert in wonder. That's how convincing Richard was.
He's moved on to new projects, and this is one, where he interviews all kinds of performers -- I'm shocked that he called me -- he mostly does theater and film actors, so I'm extremely nervous about this. If you could log on at least I'd know there's some people who know me. Here's the link:
Richard Skipper Interviews Christine Lavin
You can go now and look at who some of his past guests have been. Have a great weekend. Stay warm, stay safe.
Onwards and upwards!
- Please share this new anthem dedicated the the brave people of Ukraine sung by 13 American singer/songwriters. Sheet music at the end of the video
- The story behind the song, "Ervin & Edith"
- The debut of a song I've wanted to write for 7 years, the true story of Ervin & Edith Drake will air late afternoon Sunday on WFUV.org between 5:30 - 6 PM Eastern time - an hour later the online GVFF celebrating Sonny Ochs' 85th birthday!
- My friend Emily Bindiger conducted the singers, Julie Gold sat right in front of me, here's how it ended. Thank you to Phil Klum for mastering the sound at midnight.
- I changed my major SIX times. NOT the way to spend four years, but hey, that's how I did it.
- If you'd like to be part of a live audience -- turn on your camera, turn on your mic to clap -- come to zoom at 3 --- or go to YouTube if you want to be anonymous
- Christine Lavin solo at 3 PM EST then After Party at 4:45 - 6:00 PM EST with Michael Lavine, Kyle Hancharick, Tina Ross, and Craig Werth
- Here's "Secret Gardens Of The Heart" by Judy Collins --
- Today at 5 PM Eastern, then archived for later viewing -- will be approx 1 hour
- Pioneer Valley Song Swap Tonight -- Christine Lavin is the featured performer at 8:15, but from 7-8:15 will be a variety of performers from all over the US
- The first is Shel Silverstein's "The Hills Of Shiloh" that Art Podell sang lead on, and created the arrangement; the second is "Molly," from Biff Rose's debut album, that Art co-produced
- Tonight at 7 PM Eastern -- join me along with Sonny Ochs, Ron Olesko, Daniel Cainer, Claudia & Dan Zanes, Scott Ainsley, Mike Agranoff, David Roth (filling in for Pierce Pettis), Greg Greenway, Rod MacDonald, Kate Taylor, and Art Podell. FREE.