It begins with a funny song for our times, "Stress" by Jim Infantino, ends with Kate Taylor's lovely, "I've Got A Message"
Kate Taylor is celebrating the release of her brand new album, WHY WAIT! produced by the same musician who produced her "Sister Kate" album 50 years ago -- Peter Asher -- where she is rejoined by the musicians who played on that first album all those years ago. And she's having a ball. She closed this month's Greenwich Village Folk Festival solo, from the couch in her home on Martha's Vineyard. We are so thrilled for her that she is having so much fun again sharing her music.
Greenwich Village Folk Festival Sunday, September 5, 2021
00 - 7:43 Nanci Griffith sings, “From A Distance,” by Julie Gold and “What’s That I Hear?” by Phil Ochs
Rod MacDonald 7:43 - 12:03 introductory remarks
Ron Olesko (MC) 12:04 - 13:45 introduces Jim Infantino
Jim Infantino 13:46 - 27:41
Christine Lavin introduces Jaspar Lepak 27:42 - 29:15
Jaspar Lepak 29:15 - 44:19
Tom Prasada-Rao 46:30 - 1:00:50
Kate MacLeod 1:02:24 - 1:15:20
Ray Bonneville 1:16:50 - 1:31:59
Cosy Sheridan w/Charlie Koch 1:34:32 - 1:48:44
Ellis Paul 1:51:23 - 2:07:32
Cliff Eberhardt 2:09:24 - 2:21:08
Jay Ungar & Molly Mason 2:23:17 - 2:46:57
Kate Taylor 2:49:38 - 3:13:15
Rod MacDonald closing remarks 3:13:16 - 3:17:35
- Tonight at 7 PM Eastern -- join me along with Sonny Ochs, Ron Olesko, Daniel Cainer, Claudia & Dan Zanes, Scott Ainsley, Mike Agranoff, David Roth (filling in for Pierce Pettis), Greg Greenway, Rod MacDonald, Kate Taylor, and Art Podell. FREE.
- Dave Lefkowitz is one funny guy - I'll be on his FB page at 11, though behind the scenes starting at 10 -- lots of wonderful guests
- In time for Christmas/Kwanzaa/Boxing Day/New Year's/Solstice -- and late Chanukah gift --
- An embarrassment of riches in-between -- David Mallett ("Inch By Inch, Row By Row"), guitarist extraordinaire Mary Flower, jazzy comedian Vance Gilbert, musical storyteller Walter Parks, happy bluesman Robert Ross, brilliant raconteur . . .
- "Ballad Of The Sandman" written and perfumed by Mike Agranoff (spoken word) -- I made this video for him -- and for you
- We chat about my show w/Deirdre Flint on Monday 11/22, Suzanne Vega, my brother Christopher, Bob Dylan's Rolling Thunder Revue, the kind of love you never recover from . . . and more . . .
- Another embarrassment of riches -- this might be the best GVFF so far -- remastered
- For decades Phil's sister Sonny Ochs has hosted these shows across the country -- tonight it's all LIVE and FREE on your screen
- We didn't know what songs we'd hear, and looking back on this, it's wonderful -- I list who plays when so you can skip to your favorites
- My live Hurdy Gurdy concert has been moved from indoors to online -- I'm joined by a dozen singer/songwriters each doing 2 songs -- from 7 PM to 10 PM Eastern
- It begins with a funny song for our times, "Stress" by Jim Infantino, ends with Kate Taylor's lovely, "I've Got A Message"
- A strong lineup for top to bottom -- the incomparable Jim Infantino opens, Kate closes, and an embarrassment of riches in between