Free concert and song swap tonight -- starting at 8 PM at passim.org -- then we're all moving over to Zoom at 9:15
Tonight from 8 -9 PM Eastern I will be doing a live concert at passim.org, immediately followed by a 'song-swap' on zoom where 3 top notch singer/songwriters will join me for an informal 'in the round' song circle. Who are the three? Can't tell you -- they are a surprise, but I love all three so I think you will too.
Here's a preview of my show:
The concert is at passim.org (then links to Facebook Live), and the song swap, starting at approximately 9:15 is at zoom.us. Here's what you need to get into zoom, but please don't post these numbers anywhere -- it's by invitation only -- just go to zoom.us after the first concert, click on "join a meeting"
Meeting ID: 926 3502 8354
Both are free events, though tipping is allowed, but not required.
If you have never done Zoom before, prepare where you'll be watching from, turn off TV, anything that makes noise (put the dog in the other room if he/she's a barker), close your windows if it's a noisy neighborhood -- since there will be four of us doing music, and everyone can hear everyone else's sound, you want minimal noise. You can also 'mute' your microphone if that helps.
You can share this info with friends, but make sure they don't post the Zoom numbers anywhere public (there is a problem with strangers "zoom-bombing" events, and we're trying to avoid any such disruptions).
Stay safe! We still have an 8 PM curfew in NYC, so if you're in New York, now you've got something fun to do.
- I'm doing one song at 8 PM Eastern tonight and teaching how to fold a cloth napkin like Downton Abbey - p.s. from Neil deGrasse Tyson
- "More Than Meets The Eye" by Sandy Cash -- The Times of Israel helps put her song/video on the map
- Here's "Lavin Live at Passim for one hour" -- in the first 24 hours it's been viewed more than 4,500 times -- who knew?
- Free concert and song swap tonight -- starting at 8 PM at passim.org -- then we're all moving over to Zoom at 9:15
- June 1, 2020 8:45 PM FDR Drive/under the Manhattan Bridge
- Highlights from the Forever Plaid 30th Plaidiversary Reunion Special (26 minutes & 40 seconds)
- See Tom Paxton, Loudon Wainwright, Holly Near, Joe Jencks, Rory Block, Don Armstrong, Ellis Paul, and others celebrate the Caffe Lena's 60th anniversary
- Also part of this tonight -- Don Armstrong, Rory Block, Steve Gillette & Cindy Mangsen and others
- The people on Mulberry Street in Rochester, NY thank all essential workers doing their jobs
- Joanne Woodward's dream was to turn this book into a film -- I hope this will get it a step closer
- After this, only 2 chapters left to read (will be posted on Sunday night)
- here's the real chapter 3 of "Lucy Gayheart" by Willa Cather -- sorry about that!