David's been the Guitar Man Of Central Park for 27 years -- today I'll be his live guest today -- FREE online concert at 4 PM Eastern, 1 PM Pacific
Don't know David Ippolito? Five years ago I wrote this song about him and made this video -- at the time he'd been playing Central Park with his own generator, mics and speakers for 24 years -- he's become an institution -- here's that song, and at the end of it he sings live --
"First Dance/Last Dance" The Story of David Ippolito
And yes, that is Sid Bernstein, the man who brought the Beatles to America.
I'm sure you'll enjoy the broadcast -- it's free. Last week there were people in the chat room from 12 states and five countries. No telling who we'll have today. Here's the link:
David Ippolito live streaming today at 4 PM Eastern:
- Your chance to be part of music history -- Kate Taylor and Peter Asher in the studio 50 years after "Sister Kate"
- 8 PM concert, followed by 9:15 song swap with Robin Batteau, Shanna In A Dress, and Jane Godfrey
- Am selling my CDs myself - want 'em autographed? Just ask! I'm the president, messenger, receptionist, and bookkeeper of my record company.
- Robin Batteau and me from 4-5:15 Eastern; at 5:30 Robin & I co-host Hillary Rollins' annual House Party open mic - both free -- many confirmed performers already -- a one night songwriters' festival
- What better way to prepare for the debate? Will be showing 4BB vids and Robin Batteau's brand new one, too - LIVE!
- Robin was live at the Greenwich Village Folk Festival; friends watching him joined him -- what a result --
- The other three performers are Reggie Harris, Siobhan O'Brien, and Marc Douglas Berardo
- Going to the P.O. on Monday at 4 PM to mail out 25 that are going out free with purchase of my new album -- last chance for swag --
- Meet Don White, Megon McDonough, Elizabeth Mosier, Peg Espinola, and Janet Feld -- all doing what they do best
- Celebrating the release of my brand new album, 'ON MY WAY TO HOOTERVILLE' followed by Song-Swap with Surprise Guests on Friday night
- Sing and/or play along with Robin Batteau around 9 PM when he does his classic, "Guinevere" - let me know if you want the sheet music
- Believe me, this is so good, it's worth the asylum I am now living in to send it to you -- Alice Howe's version of "A Case Of You" is worth it alone!