Celebrating the release of my brand new album, 'ON MY WAY TO HOOTERVILLE' followed by Song-Swap with Surprise Guests on Friday night
This will be my first fully interactive Zoom concert at 8 PM Eastern on Friday --- where you can see me and I can see you! Unless you're shy -- you can always click on 'no video' and no one will see you -- but why would you do that?
It's old school in that there are tickets for this, it's not open to the public -- you get to choose what you pay -- from $5 to $35 -- and I'll be hosting an "After Party" with surprise guests immediately following my concert. Here's the link for tickets:
"Record-release concert for ON MY WAY TO HOOTERVILLE"
And here's a 3-1/2 minute highlight reel of songs from the new album:
"3-1/2 minutes of Hooterville Highlights"
I will also have old school actual CDs for sale that I will be mailing out the very next day -- with a special bit of "swag" that will be a surprise. I had a box of the swag made and shipped here -- and it was stolen out of my mailroom so the company is making up more and promise I will have them by Friday. It's something fun AND practical and can even be part of your Halloween costume this year. You're probably wondering . . . hmmmm . . . what could it be??? And why would someone steal it from the mailroom??
All musicians are hanging on as best we can. We thank you for supporting our work in every new way can come up with. I'm excited about doing a show for people I can actually see! How refreshing is that! Dress up!
Wear a mask!
- Wonderful food (dining room opens at 5:30) -- spectacular desserts -- LIVE entertainment -- Tickets $25 in advance, $30 at the door.
- Believe it or not, when I wrote this song inspired by the 2009 Scripps Spelling Bee, I SPELT TWO WORDS WRONG! Finally I've made up for it.
- Jimmy Webb wrote the perfect song for the launch back in 1978, and here Michael Feinstein sings it.
- Have a favorite in the show? Here's when each performs so you can zip right to them --
- and ends 3 hours later with John McCutcheon live from the States -- watch it LIVE and FREE on FB and YouTube, or listen to audio on folkmusicnotebook.com
- The true story of my sister Mary's pet albino guinea pig "Piglet" and the day Joe Namath asked if he could pet him
- Sunday, June 13, 2021
- That's what I get for working in the middle of the night when I should have been sleeping! And there's a glitch at the 'store' that will be fixed by Monday
- Stories about radio host Bob Sherman, Pete Seeger, Dave Van Ronk, George Wurzbach, Livingston Taylor, Garry Novikoff, and Laura Weber
- Buy 2 or more CDs and get brand new FREE compilation with new songs and recordings by Sloan Wainwright, Amy Speace, Rob Siegel, me, and others
- I'm not MC-ing this time, I'm in the show -- MCs are Ron Olesko and Sonny Ochs
- New song/video: "The Best Summer" by Christine Lavin