Celebrating the release of my brand new album, 'ON MY WAY TO HOOTERVILLE' followed by Song-Swap with Surprise Guests on Friday night
This will be my first fully interactive Zoom concert at 8 PM Eastern on Friday --- where you can see me and I can see you! Unless you're shy -- you can always click on 'no video' and no one will see you -- but why would you do that?
It's old school in that there are tickets for this, it's not open to the public -- you get to choose what you pay -- from $5 to $35 -- and I'll be hosting an "After Party" with surprise guests immediately following my concert. Here's the link for tickets:
"Record-release concert for ON MY WAY TO HOOTERVILLE"
And here's a 3-1/2 minute highlight reel of songs from the new album:
"3-1/2 minutes of Hooterville Highlights"
I will also have old school actual CDs for sale that I will be mailing out the very next day -- with a special bit of "swag" that will be a surprise. I had a box of the swag made and shipped here -- and it was stolen out of my mailroom so the company is making up more and promise I will have them by Friday. It's something fun AND practical and can even be part of your Halloween costume this year. You're probably wondering . . . hmmmm . . . what could it be??? And why would someone steal it from the mailroom??
All musicians are hanging on as best we can. We thank you for supporting our work in every new way can come up with. I'm excited about doing a show for people I can actually see! How refreshing is that! Dress up!
Wear a mask!
- For decades Phil's sister Sonny Ochs has hosted these shows across the country -- tonight it's all LIVE and FREE on your screen
- We didn't know what songs we'd hear, and looking back on this, it's wonderful -- I list who plays when so you can skip to your favorites
- My live Hurdy Gurdy concert has been moved from indoors to online -- I'm joined by a dozen singer/songwriters each doing 2 songs -- from 7 PM to 10 PM Eastern
- It begins with a funny song for our times, "Stress" by Jim Infantino, ends with Kate Taylor's lovely, "I've Got A Message"
- A strong lineup for top to bottom -- the incomparable Jim Infantino opens, Kate closes, and an embarrassment of riches in between
- Columnist Jennifer Finney Boylan was inspired by the song to write about her best summer -- what was yours?
- The PFF asked me to help MC, and to do a 15-20 min minute set, which is the exact length of this one song, which is based on something that really happened
- Starting with Brooks Williams in Cambridge, UK --- closing with B&B in the US -- next month Bob Lind is headliner (yes, The Elusive Butterfly Of Love guy)
- Wonderful food (dining room opens at 5:30) -- spectacular desserts -- LIVE entertainment -- Tickets $25 in advance, $30 at the door.
- Believe it or not, when I wrote this song inspired by the 2009 Scripps Spelling Bee, I SPELT TWO WORDS WRONG! Finally I've made up for it.
- Jimmy Webb wrote the perfect song for the launch back in 1978, and here Michael Feinstein sings it.
- Have a favorite in the show? Here's when each performs so you can zip right to them --