All you need is a square cotton napkin, 16x16 or 20x20, or square paper napkin - all ages, all skill levels, beginners welcome
OR, if you have natural fabric, just cut a generous size square and you're in. Polyester doesn't work well -- doesn't hold the shape and it's not absorbent. Frayed edges are fine as long as it's SQUARE. NOT rectangle.
Drop me a note at email@example.com to get the Zoom invitation. Have a flat surface you can comfortably sit at and focus your camera on your face when we're talking, then on the napkin when we're folding. The key to learning these folds is repetition, so unlike at my live concerts, we'll have the time to do these over a few times so they take root in your permanent memory bank.
Kids are very good at this, so if you have young ones interested, they are invited.
I taught my nephew how to do the Christmas tree fold -- he had a part time job in college working for a caterer -- and d'oh! -- the following week the caterer in a panic asked if anyone there knew how to do the Christmas tree fold -- he saved the day -- taught two other waiters and they did 300 as fast as they could. So it's a skill that could come in handy down the line.
Here's a 2 minute video of a few of the folds I can teach you. https://vimeo.com/203627766
So email me by 6 PM on Friday to get your invitation to the meeting of the Downton Abbey Napkin Folding Society.
- The other three performers are Reggie Harris, Siobhan O'Brien, and Marc Douglas Berardo
- Going to the P.O. on Monday at 4 PM to mail out 25 that are going out free with purchase of my new album -- last chance for swag --
- Meet Don White, Megon McDonough, Elizabeth Mosier, Peg Espinola, and Janet Feld -- all doing what they do best
- Celebrating the release of my brand new album, 'ON MY WAY TO HOOTERVILLE' followed by Song-Swap with Surprise Guests on Friday night
- Sing and/or play along with Robin Batteau around 9 PM when he does his classic, "Guinevere" - let me know if you want the sheet music
- Believe me, this is so good, it's worth the asylum I am now living in to send it to you -- Alice Howe's version of "A Case Of You" is worth it alone!
- I chalk it up to working non-stop on my new album (deadline is Friday Noon) -- here's highlights of the Midnight Zoom After Party with Andrew Ratshin, Matt Price, Alice Howe & Freebo
- I was joined by Andrew Ratshin, Matt Price, and Alice Howe & Freebo -- plus a former Jeopardy! champion for smart fun
- Plus the special guests announced for Midnight (Eastern time) Zoom After Party Friday night
- Larry Robbins and George T. Conway III are voices of reason when Wm Barr has clearly gone mad
- My concert is sponsored by McCabe's Guitar Shop in Santa Monica, live on FB at 11 PM Eastern on Friday. The After Party on Zoom immediately follows at Midnight. Finally, something for your night owls!
- The first I intro is Ivan Neville, one of New Orleans' best -- it's $25 a day, but you can go back and rewatch everything later