All you need is a square cotton napkin, 16x16 or 20x20, or square paper napkin - all ages, all skill levels, beginners welcome
OR, if you have natural fabric, just cut a generous size square and you're in. Polyester doesn't work well -- doesn't hold the shape and it's not absorbent. Frayed edges are fine as long as it's SQUARE. NOT rectangle.
Drop me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org to get the Zoom invitation. Have a flat surface you can comfortably sit at and focus your camera on your face when we're talking, then on the napkin when we're folding. The key to learning these folds is repetition, so unlike at my live concerts, we'll have the time to do these over a few times so they take root in your permanent memory bank.
Kids are very good at this, so if you have young ones interested, they are invited.
I taught my nephew how to do the Christmas tree fold -- he had a part time job in college working for a caterer -- and d'oh! -- the following week the caterer in a panic asked if anyone there knew how to do the Christmas tree fold -- he saved the day -- taught two other waiters and they did 300 as fast as they could. So it's a skill that could come in handy down the line.
Here's a 2 minute video of a few of the folds I can teach you. https://vimeo.com/203627766
So email me by 6 PM on Friday to get your invitation to the meeting of the Downton Abbey Napkin Folding Society.
- Wonderful food (dining room opens at 5:30) -- spectacular desserts -- LIVE entertainment -- Tickets $25 in advance, $30 at the door.
- Believe it or not, when I wrote this song inspired by the 2009 Scripps Spelling Bee, I SPELT TWO WORDS WRONG! Finally I've made up for it.
- Jimmy Webb wrote the perfect song for the launch back in 1978, and here Michael Feinstein sings it.
- Have a favorite in the show? Here's when each performs so you can zip right to them --
- and ends 3 hours later with John McCutcheon live from the States -- watch it LIVE and FREE on FB and YouTube, or listen to audio on folkmusicnotebook.com
- The true story of my sister Mary's pet albino guinea pig "Piglet" and the day Joe Namath asked if he could pet him
- Sunday, June 13, 2021
- That's what I get for working in the middle of the night when I should have been sleeping! And there's a glitch at the 'store' that will be fixed by Monday
- Stories about radio host Bob Sherman, Pete Seeger, Dave Van Ronk, George Wurzbach, Livingston Taylor, Garry Novikoff, and Laura Weber
- Buy 2 or more CDs and get brand new FREE compilation with new songs and recordings by Sloan Wainwright, Amy Speace, Rob Siegel, me, and others
- I'm not MC-ing this time, I'm in the show -- MCs are Ron Olesko and Sonny Ochs
- New song/video: "The Best Summer" by Christine Lavin