All you need is a square cotton napkin, 16x16 or 20x20, or square paper napkin - all ages, all skill levels, beginners welcome
OR, if you have natural fabric, just cut a generous size square and you're in. Polyester doesn't work well -- doesn't hold the shape and it's not absorbent. Frayed edges are fine as long as it's SQUARE. NOT rectangle.
Drop me a note at email@example.com to get the Zoom invitation. Have a flat surface you can comfortably sit at and focus your camera on your face when we're talking, then on the napkin when we're folding. The key to learning these folds is repetition, so unlike at my live concerts, we'll have the time to do these over a few times so they take root in your permanent memory bank.
Kids are very good at this, so if you have young ones interested, they are invited.
I taught my nephew how to do the Christmas tree fold -- he had a part time job in college working for a caterer -- and d'oh! -- the following week the caterer in a panic asked if anyone there knew how to do the Christmas tree fold -- he saved the day -- taught two other waiters and they did 300 as fast as they could. So it's a skill that could come in handy down the line.
Here's a 2 minute video of a few of the folds I can teach you. https://vimeo.com/203627766
So email me by 6 PM on Friday to get your invitation to the meeting of the Downton Abbey Napkin Folding Society.
- "Painting Resilience: The Life & Art of Fred Terna" by Julia Mayer -- the most important project I have ever worked on
- Alice Howe is a spectacular singer, Freebo a brilliant bassist - I'm their guest on Wednesday at 8 PM Eastern - plus an "After Party" with a surprise guest
- The best new song of 2021 has already been written, "Because We Need You Now" by Cliff Eberhardt & Tom Prasada-Rao
- One last video -- thank you all who sent photos for it -- Happy New Year --
- Thank you all who came to our concert -- one final video -- thanks to all who sent photos for it - "Sealed With A Kiss"
- Let's ring in the new year together -- 7 PM Eastern - 9:45 PM Eastern
- Looking for still photos or short (less than 10 sec) clips of you with a photo of someone you've missed this past year
- The average chapter is 10-1/2 minutes; you can watch/read along, or just listen in the dark
- Christmas is so close - I'm going to the P.O. at 3:30 today - CDs are a lovely gift and help keep me afloat - FREE CD with any purchase
- Sunday Night: McCutcheon/McDonough/Paul/DonJuans/Lavin/Williams/Queler/Crockett/Buskin/Nininger
- Sunday, December 6, 2020
- 10 Artists 15 minutes each