A strong lineup for top to bottom -- the incomparable Jim Infantino opens, Kate closes, and an embarrassment of riches in between
You can watch it live at https://www.greenwichvillagefolkfestival.org, at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vd7VWDMysM or at my Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/christine.lavin.5, or just the audio at folkmusicnotebook.com.
Like all these concerts, it is free, but donations are gladly accepted and split equally among the performers. If you miss it tonight when it's live, you can watch it starting tomorrow at greenwichvillagefolkfestival.org.
The producers are Rod MacDonald and Ray Micek, who started this organization back in 1987. We started going these online shows in July 2020, thinking they'd only be relevant for a few months, but as we all are learning, this pandemic is tricky, and we'll keep doing these as long as necessary to stay connected.
Hope to see you tonight!
- "Ballad Of The Sandman" written and perfumed by Mike Agranoff (spoken word) -- I made this video for him -- and for you
- We chat about my show w/Deirdre Flint on Monday 11/22, Suzanne Vega, my brother Christopher, Bob Dylan's Rolling Thunder Revue, the kind of love you never recover from . . . and more . . .
- Another embarrassment of riches -- this might be the best GVFF so far -- remastered
- For decades Phil's sister Sonny Ochs has hosted these shows across the country -- tonight it's all LIVE and FREE on your screen
- We didn't know what songs we'd hear, and looking back on this, it's wonderful -- I list who plays when so you can skip to your favorites
- My live Hurdy Gurdy concert has been moved from indoors to online -- I'm joined by a dozen singer/songwriters each doing 2 songs -- from 7 PM to 10 PM Eastern
- It begins with a funny song for our times, "Stress" by Jim Infantino, ends with Kate Taylor's lovely, "I've Got A Message"
- A strong lineup for top to bottom -- the incomparable Jim Infantino opens, Kate closes, and an embarrassment of riches in between
- Columnist Jennifer Finney Boylan was inspired by the song to write about her best summer -- what was yours?
- The PFF asked me to help MC, and to do a 15-20 min minute set, which is the exact length of this one song, which is based on something that really happened
- Starting with Brooks Williams in Cambridge, UK --- closing with B&B in the US -- next month Bob Lind is headliner (yes, The Elusive Butterfly Of Love guy)
- Wonderful food (dining room opens at 5:30) -- spectacular desserts -- LIVE entertainment -- Tickets $25 in advance, $30 at the door.