Your chance to be part of music history -- Kate Taylor and Peter Asher in the studio 50 years after "Sister Kate"
Kate Taylor is a dear, and she's going back into the recording studio 50 years after she and Peter Asher made history with her album, "Sister Kate," and they'll be working with some of the same musicians. If you pledge $30 you get the album autographed by both of them. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? A hundred years from now your great great grandchildren will get good news on The Antiques Road Show, so you'd be investing in your heirs' future. Your $30 will no doubt be worth at least $100 by then, if not more.
"Sister Kate 50th anniversary" listen to Kate Taylor and Peter Asher describe what they're doing
Kate is on "Just One Angel," one of my holiday compilations, where she sings a new Robert Burns translation of "Auld Lang Syne." Her brother James sings harmony on it as only she can. She's been making her living for years creating jewelry out of wampum, but has never stopped singing and playing, so it will be wonderful to hear her do an entire album (she also has a song on "Follow That Road," the second Martha's Vineyard Singer/Songwriter Retreat collection).
I'm sure this new album will be wonderful. We all need good positive things to look forward to during this bleak time. This is one of them.
- Sunday, June 13, 2021
- That's what I get for working in the middle of the night when I should have been sleeping! And there's a glitch at the 'store' that will be fixed by Monday
- Stories about radio host Bob Sherman, Pete Seeger, Dave Van Ronk, George Wurzbach, Livingston Taylor, Garry Novikoff, and Laura Weber
- Buy 2 or more CDs and get brand new FREE compilation with new songs and recordings by Sloan Wainwright, Amy Speace, Rob Siegel, me, and others
- I'm not MC-ing this time, I'm in the show -- MCs are Ron Olesko and Sonny Ochs
- New song/video: "The Best Summer" by Christine Lavin
- Includes the debut of "The Best Summer" song/video that I hope will inspire you to have your best summer
- Need a good beach book this summer? Watch me read chapter 1 of my book where I relive the nightmare of opening for Joan Rivers
- A private concert for The Ark in Ann Arbor, with After Party featuring a living legend and a future living legend
- Join Tom Prasada-Rao, Alice Howe, Cliff Eberhardt, Crys Matthews, The Queler/Farber Band, Rebecca Loebe, Rod MacDonald & More w/Ron Olesko and me tag-teaming MCs
- "That Elusive Blue" when it's not quite day, not quite night - from the album COLD PIZZA FOR BREAKFAST
- I've written a movie in the form of a song, a play in the form of a song, here's a CARTOON in the form of a song . . .