Your chance to be part of music history -- Kate Taylor and Peter Asher in the studio 50 years after "Sister Kate"
Kate Taylor is a dear, and she's going back into the recording studio 50 years after she and Peter Asher made history with her album, "Sister Kate," and they'll be working with some of the same musicians. If you pledge $30 you get the album autographed by both of them. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? A hundred years from now your great great grandchildren will get good news on The Antiques Road Show, so you'd be investing in your heirs' future. Your $30 will no doubt be worth at least $100 by then, if not more.
"Sister Kate 50th anniversary" listen to Kate Taylor and Peter Asher describe what they're doing
Kate is on "Just One Angel," one of my holiday compilations, where she sings a new Robert Burns translation of "Auld Lang Syne." Her brother James sings harmony on it as only she can. She's been making her living for years creating jewelry out of wampum, but has never stopped singing and playing, so it will be wonderful to hear her do an entire album (she also has a song on "Follow That Road," the second Martha's Vineyard Singer/Songwriter Retreat collection).
I'm sure this new album will be wonderful. We all need good positive things to look forward to during this bleak time. This is one of them.
- "Prisoners Of Their Hairdos" and "Victim/Volunteer" -- 30 year old video just surfaced -- Sally, Meg, Chris
- Pop-up concert at 9 PM Eastern, After Party with Vance Gilbert and Cynthia Carle right after
- My Christmas tree and ornaments totally dig Chaise Lounge's new song, "Trimmin' The Tree"
- Buy 2 or more CDs and get a FREE copy of the brand new 2-CD compilation "The Longest Night Of The Year" -- while they last
- Here's a preview -- my update of "Turn This Ship Around"
- "You Were Never A King" by Christine Lavin w/Robin Batteau on violin & Phil Klum on bass
- The show starts at 8 - I go on at 9 PM - 9:20 PM Eastern - a good lineup of musicians hoping for the best
- Your chance to be part of music history -- Kate Taylor and Peter Asher in the studio 50 years after "Sister Kate"
- 8 PM concert, followed by 9:15 song swap with Robin Batteau, Shanna In A Dress, and Jane Godfrey
- Am selling my CDs myself - want 'em autographed? Just ask! I'm the president, messenger, receptionist, and bookkeeper of my record company.
- Robin Batteau and me from 4-5:15 Eastern; at 5:30 Robin & I co-host Hillary Rollins' annual House Party open mic - both free -- many confirmed performers already -- a one night songwriters' festival
- What better way to prepare for the debate? Will be showing 4BB vids and Robin Batteau's brand new one, too - LIVE!