Your chance to be part of music history -- Kate Taylor and Peter Asher in the studio 50 years after "Sister Kate"
Kate Taylor is a dear, and she's going back into the recording studio 50 years after she and Peter Asher made history with her album, "Sister Kate," and they'll be working with some of the same musicians. If you pledge $30 you get the album autographed by both of them. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? A hundred years from now your great great grandchildren will get good news on The Antiques Road Show, so you'd be investing in your heirs' future. Your $30 will no doubt be worth at least $100 by then, if not more.
"Sister Kate 50th anniversary" listen to Kate Taylor and Peter Asher describe what they're doing
Kate is on "Just One Angel," one of my holiday compilations, where she sings a new Robert Burns translation of "Auld Lang Syne." Her brother James sings harmony on it as only she can. She's been making her living for years creating jewelry out of wampum, but has never stopped singing and playing, so it will be wonderful to hear her do an entire album (she also has a song on "Follow That Road," the second Martha's Vineyard Singer/Songwriter Retreat collection).
I'm sure this new album will be wonderful. We all need good positive things to look forward to during this bleak time. This is one of them.
- Saturday night at 7:30 PM Eastern solo concert for Golden Link of Rochester; 8:45 After Party with my friends Kat Goldman & David Ippolito
- Dar Williams is now part of the Congressional Record -- her quote starts five seconds in
- Will have a special 6 song tribute to Dave Van Ronk for a very special reason
- I sent my Click & Grow farm FB post to the company and they responded by offering a 15% discount to any friends of mine
- "Painting Resilience: The Life & Art of Fred Terna" by Julia Mayer -- the most important project I have ever worked on
- Alice Howe is a spectacular singer, Freebo a brilliant bassist - I'm their guest on Wednesday at 8 PM Eastern - plus an "After Party" with a surprise guest
- The best new song of 2021 has already been written, "Because We Need You Now" by Cliff Eberhardt & Tom Prasada-Rao
- One last video -- thank you all who sent photos for it -- Happy New Year --
- Thank you all who came to our concert -- one final video -- thanks to all who sent photos for it - "Sealed With A Kiss"
- Let's ring in the new year together -- 7 PM Eastern - 9:45 PM Eastern
- Looking for still photos or short (less than 10 sec) clips of you with a photo of someone you've missed this past year
- The average chapter is 10-1/2 minutes; you can watch/read along, or just listen in the dark