Two surprise guests from Rochester, NY, one from Key West Florida at 7:30 show -- then After Party til 9:30
Christine Lavin - a Golden Link Online Concert! An ONLINE Golden Link Concert Live Streaming Saturday, March 6 at 7:30 pm EDT
“It is precisely her take on the ordinary that makes her work so extraordinary.” – Village Voice
“Lavin’s hilarious, insightful story-songs always have a twist, they’re perfectly complemented by tuneful folk melodies, and they’ll make you forget just about any problems you have.” – CD Review
Christine Lavin is a witty songwriter-storyteller with a flair for the creative, the dramatic, and the humorous. Based in New York City, she grew up in Geneva, NY, and was inducted into the Rochester Music Hall of Fame in 2019, and at her alma mater's commencement this May, Christine will receive an Honorary Doctorate in Fine Arts from SUNY Brockport.
Christine is particularly known for her sense of humor, which is expressed in both her music and her engaging live performances, which might include baton twirling, wind chimes, a homemade videos, or a pre-concert tutorial on napkin folding. Her 25th album, On My Way to Hooterville, was released in 2020 and includes 10 new songs and one re-worked song, “Ramblin’ Waltz,” that is a re-telling of her time in 1975 when she was one of the entourage drivers for the first week of the tour of The Rolling Thunder Revue. The album reached #6 on the International Folk DJ Charts.
CLICK HERE IN ADVANCE TO REGISTER TO BE IN THE ZOOM ROOM WITH CHRISTINE, KAT AND DAVID:
If you watch in the Zoom Room we hope you will allow your camera to be on so we performers can see your shining faces. We perform better when we can see you and hear you.
But if you're shy, no worries. You can watch on Facebook and/or YouTube by clicking below:
WANT TO WATCH ON FACEBOOK? https://www.facebook.com/GoldenLinkFolk/live/
WANT TO WATCH ON YOUTUBE? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0MdcnHMrj2lFdouHjE4ujA
- For decades Phil's sister Sonny Ochs has hosted these shows across the country -- tonight it's all LIVE and FREE on your screen
- We didn't know what songs we'd hear, and looking back on this, it's wonderful -- I list who plays when so you can skip to your favorites
- My live Hurdy Gurdy concert has been moved from indoors to online -- I'm joined by a dozen singer/songwriters each doing 2 songs -- from 7 PM to 10 PM Eastern
- It begins with a funny song for our times, "Stress" by Jim Infantino, ends with Kate Taylor's lovely, "I've Got A Message"
- A strong lineup for top to bottom -- the incomparable Jim Infantino opens, Kate closes, and an embarrassment of riches in between
- Columnist Jennifer Finney Boylan was inspired by the song to write about her best summer -- what was yours?
- The PFF asked me to help MC, and to do a 15-20 min minute set, which is the exact length of this one song, which is based on something that really happened
- Starting with Brooks Williams in Cambridge, UK --- closing with B&B in the US -- next month Bob Lind is headliner (yes, The Elusive Butterfly Of Love guy)
- Wonderful food (dining room opens at 5:30) -- spectacular desserts -- LIVE entertainment -- Tickets $25 in advance, $30 at the door.
- Believe it or not, when I wrote this song inspired by the 2009 Scripps Spelling Bee, I SPELT TWO WORDS WRONG! Finally I've made up for it.
- Jimmy Webb wrote the perfect song for the launch back in 1978, and here Michael Feinstein sings it.
- Have a favorite in the show? Here's when each performs so you can zip right to them --