Two surprise guests from Rochester, NY, one from Key West Florida at 7:30 show -- then After Party til 9:30
Christine Lavin - a Golden Link Online Concert! An ONLINE Golden Link Concert Live Streaming Saturday, March 6 at 7:30 pm EDT
“It is precisely her take on the ordinary that makes her work so extraordinary.” – Village Voice
“Lavin’s hilarious, insightful story-songs always have a twist, they’re perfectly complemented by tuneful folk melodies, and they’ll make you forget just about any problems you have.” – CD Review
Christine Lavin is a witty songwriter-storyteller with a flair for the creative, the dramatic, and the humorous. Based in New York City, she grew up in Geneva, NY, and was inducted into the Rochester Music Hall of Fame in 2019, and at her alma mater's commencement this May, Christine will receive an Honorary Doctorate in Fine Arts from SUNY Brockport.
Christine is particularly known for her sense of humor, which is expressed in both her music and her engaging live performances, which might include baton twirling, wind chimes, a homemade videos, or a pre-concert tutorial on napkin folding. Her 25th album, On My Way to Hooterville, was released in 2020 and includes 10 new songs and one re-worked song, “Ramblin’ Waltz,” that is a re-telling of her time in 1975 when she was one of the entourage drivers for the first week of the tour of The Rolling Thunder Revue. The album reached #6 on the International Folk DJ Charts.
CLICK HERE IN ADVANCE TO REGISTER TO BE IN THE ZOOM ROOM WITH CHRISTINE, KAT AND DAVID:
If you watch in the Zoom Room we hope you will allow your camera to be on so we performers can see your shining faces. We perform better when we can see you and hear you.
But if you're shy, no worries. You can watch on Facebook and/or YouTube by clicking below:
WANT TO WATCH ON FACEBOOK? https://www.facebook.com/GoldenLinkFolk/live/
WANT TO WATCH ON YOUTUBE? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0MdcnHMrj2lFdouHjE4ujA
- Wonderful food (dining room opens at 5:30) -- spectacular desserts -- LIVE entertainment -- Tickets $25 in advance, $30 at the door.
- Believe it or not, when I wrote this song inspired by the 2009 Scripps Spelling Bee, I SPELT TWO WORDS WRONG! Finally I've made up for it.
- Jimmy Webb wrote the perfect song for the launch back in 1978, and here Michael Feinstein sings it.
- Have a favorite in the show? Here's when each performs so you can zip right to them --
- and ends 3 hours later with John McCutcheon live from the States -- watch it LIVE and FREE on FB and YouTube, or listen to audio on folkmusicnotebook.com
- The true story of my sister Mary's pet albino guinea pig "Piglet" and the day Joe Namath asked if he could pet him
- Sunday, June 13, 2021
- That's what I get for working in the middle of the night when I should have been sleeping! And there's a glitch at the 'store' that will be fixed by Monday
- Stories about radio host Bob Sherman, Pete Seeger, Dave Van Ronk, George Wurzbach, Livingston Taylor, Garry Novikoff, and Laura Weber
- Buy 2 or more CDs and get brand new FREE compilation with new songs and recordings by Sloan Wainwright, Amy Speace, Rob Siegel, me, and others
- I'm not MC-ing this time, I'm in the show -- MCs are Ron Olesko and Sonny Ochs
- New song/video: "The Best Summer" by Christine Lavin