The show starts at 8 - I go on at 9 PM - 9:20 PM Eastern - a good lineup of musicians hoping for the best
I don't know about you, but I'm a nervous wreck. So I'm looking forward to calming my nerves tonight where I'll be in a fun Zoom event. It starts at 8 Eastern and ends at 11:30. I've been working on a song for election night -- it's called, "You Were Never A King," it's a video, featuring Robin Batteau on violin, but I can't post it til we know the results (plus it's not finished yet - Phil Klum is mastering the recording as we speak). Since I'm on at 9 PM the odds are good we won't know the results by then, so I won't be playing it, and plan to keep my songs light.
If you are coming and want a request a specific song, let me know!
Topic: Election Night Party-Musicians for the Greater Good
Time: Nov 3, 2020 8 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Throughout the evening Fern Israel will be popping in with election result updates using an interactive Electoral Vote map. We also encourage your chit-chat about how the election results are going.
We plan to stream this live to YouTube. Please provide your friends and fans with this information:
Web page: www.musiciansforthegreatergood.org
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvoBbXZ8l05Ci-0KZ7BX-CA (or www.tinyurl.com/MGG2020)
The lineup is below. 8:00 Karen Sauer introduces the night.
Mike DelaneyAngela Masciale
Special Guest: Christine Lavin performs a short set.
Special Guest: Joe Jencks (2 songs)Snake Gulliksen
Aspie Chris Robbins
Ron closes the show!
This is NO NIGHT TO BE ALONE. Please join us online!
- Starting with Brooks Williams in Cambridge, UK --- closing with B&B in the US -- next month Bob Lind is headliner (yes, The Elusive Butterfly Of Love guy)
- Wonderful food (dining room opens at 5:30) -- spectacular desserts -- LIVE entertainment -- Tickets $25 in advance, $30 at the door.
- Believe it or not, when I wrote this song inspired by the 2009 Scripps Spelling Bee, I SPELT TWO WORDS WRONG! Finally I've made up for it.
- Jimmy Webb wrote the perfect song for the launch back in 1978, and here Michael Feinstein sings it.
- Have a favorite in the show? Here's when each performs so you can zip right to them --
- and ends 3 hours later with John McCutcheon live from the States -- watch it LIVE and FREE on FB and YouTube, or listen to audio on folkmusicnotebook.com
- The true story of my sister Mary's pet albino guinea pig "Piglet" and the day Joe Namath asked if he could pet him
- Sunday, June 13, 2021
- That's what I get for working in the middle of the night when I should have been sleeping! And there's a glitch at the 'store' that will be fixed by Monday
- Stories about radio host Bob Sherman, Pete Seeger, Dave Van Ronk, George Wurzbach, Livingston Taylor, Garry Novikoff, and Laura Weber
- Buy 2 or more CDs and get brand new FREE compilation with new songs and recordings by Sloan Wainwright, Amy Speace, Rob Siegel, me, and others
- I'm not MC-ing this time, I'm in the show -- MCs are Ron Olesko and Sonny Ochs