Robin Batteau and me from 4-5:15 Eastern; at 5:30 Robin & I co-host Hillary Rollins' annual House Party open mic - both free -- many confirmed performers already -- a one night songwriters' festival
Here's a brief video Robin and I made last night to give you an idea of what to expect:
Robin/Chris/Hillary project short video promo for Oct 18, 2020 events:
Every year Hillary Rollins has hosted a bang-up blow out House Party -- one year we did it live over Concert Window from her parents' apartment on Riverside Drive. This year it's a whole other thing -- but because Hillary splits her time between LA and NYC she's got singers and songwriters stopping by from both coasts -- and from London. Hillary is a very fine singer/songwriter/videographer/producer and is famous in LA for the parties she throws where she serves whole stuffed turkeys, everybody performs, everybody cheers for everybody else, and lots of wine flows.
There is very limited seating within the Zoom Room where the performances will originate; otherwise viewers can watch on Facebook -- Robin's page, Hilary's page, the Towne Crier's page, and my page -- facebook.com/christine.lavin.5 -- and also on youtube, starting at 4 PM Eastern:
Email me personally if you want to watch in the Zoom Room -- performers like having fun folks in the Zoom Room so they have people they can see and hear -- so if you want to watch from Zoom we hope that you are OK with turning on your camera so we can see you, and if in a very quiet listening space, your microphone. If you don't want to be seen, no worries (we all have bad hair days) -- but since space is limited with Zoom, we hope you take that into consideration.
Some of the performers coming are Daniel Cainer in London, John Forster in Nyack, MaryJo Mundy (who just released an album of Laura Nyro songs) in LA, plus many more -- we have more than 24 confirmations -- so it will be a one night music festival of one great songwriter after another -- eveybody doing just one song. It will be filmed, so dress up if you want to be on camera. I'm sure it will go til 9 PM or so.
Both events are free, though donations are gladly accepted. If you can't tip, don't let that prevent you from attending. Come as you are -- drinks are on the house --your house!
Hope you are doing well, staying safe, wearing a mask, washing your hands, and doing the best you can during this difficult time.
- "Painting Resilience: The Life & Art of Fred Terna" by Julia Mayer -- the most important project I have ever worked on
- Alice Howe is a spectacular singer, Freebo a brilliant bassist - I'm their guest on Wednesday at 8 PM Eastern - plus an "After Party" with a surprise guest
- The best new song of 2021 has already been written, "Because We Need You Now" by Cliff Eberhardt & Tom Prasada-Rao
- One last video -- thank you all who sent photos for it -- Happy New Year --
- Thank you all who came to our concert -- one final video -- thanks to all who sent photos for it - "Sealed With A Kiss"
- Let's ring in the new year together -- 7 PM Eastern - 9:45 PM Eastern
- Looking for still photos or short (less than 10 sec) clips of you with a photo of someone you've missed this past year
- The average chapter is 10-1/2 minutes; you can watch/read along, or just listen in the dark
- Christmas is so close - I'm going to the P.O. at 3:30 today - CDs are a lovely gift and help keep me afloat - FREE CD with any purchase
- Sunday Night: McCutcheon/McDonough/Paul/DonJuans/Lavin/Williams/Queler/Crockett/Buskin/Nininger
- Sunday, December 6, 2020
- 10 Artists 15 minutes each