Robin was live at the Greenwich Village Folk Festival; friends watching him joined him -- what a result --
At the Greenwich Village Folk Festival we tried an experiment -- friends tuned in were asked to sing/play along and send their videos doing so to Neale Eckstein and me -- here's the surprising result.
The only person they could hear was Robin -- no one knew what anyone else was playing/singing. It took a long time to put it together -- happy to report that Robin cried when he heard it. It was debuted following Noel Paul Stookey's brilliant closing set at this month's GVFF:
“Lancelot’s Tune (Guinevere)”
October 4, 2020 4 PM FINAL
Here's the GVFF of this past Sunday, that includes not only Noel Paul Stookey at the top of his game, but also a beautiful tribute to the late great Michael Smith, author of "The Dutchman."
GVFF Oct edition
- Your chance to be part of music history -- Kate Taylor and Peter Asher in the studio 50 years after "Sister Kate"
- 8 PM concert, followed by 9:15 song swap with Robin Batteau, Shanna In A Dress, and Jane Godfrey
- Am selling my CDs myself - want 'em autographed? Just ask! I'm the president, messenger, receptionist, and bookkeeper of my record company.
- Robin Batteau and me from 4-5:15 Eastern; at 5:30 Robin & I co-host Hillary Rollins' annual House Party open mic - both free -- many confirmed performers already -- a one night songwriters' festival
- What better way to prepare for the debate? Will be showing 4BB vids and Robin Batteau's brand new one, too - LIVE!
- Robin was live at the Greenwich Village Folk Festival; friends watching him joined him -- what a result --
- The other three performers are Reggie Harris, Siobhan O'Brien, and Marc Douglas Berardo
- Going to the P.O. on Monday at 4 PM to mail out 25 that are going out free with purchase of my new album -- last chance for swag --
- Meet Don White, Megon McDonough, Elizabeth Mosier, Peg Espinola, and Janet Feld -- all doing what they do best
- Celebrating the release of my brand new album, 'ON MY WAY TO HOOTERVILLE' followed by Song-Swap with Surprise Guests on Friday night
- Sing and/or play along with Robin Batteau around 9 PM when he does his classic, "Guinevere" - let me know if you want the sheet music
- Believe me, this is so good, it's worth the asylum I am now living in to send it to you -- Alice Howe's version of "A Case Of You" is worth it alone!