All you need is a square cotton napkin, 16x16 or 20x20, or square paper napkin - all ages, all skill levels, beginners welcome
OR, if you have natural fabric, just cut a generous size square and you're in. Polyester doesn't work well -- doesn't hold the shape and it's not absorbent. Frayed edges are fine as long as it's SQUARE. NOT rectangle.
Drop me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org to get the Zoom invitation. Have a flat surface you can comfortably sit at and focus your camera on your face when we're talking, then on the napkin when we're folding. The key to learning these folds is repetition, so unlike at my live concerts, we'll have the time to do these over a few times so they take root in your permanent memory bank.
Kids are very good at this, so if you have young ones interested, they are invited.
I taught my nephew how to do the Christmas tree fold -- he had a part time job in college working for a caterer -- and d'oh! -- the following week the caterer in a panic asked if anyone there knew how to do the Christmas tree fold -- he saved the day -- taught two other waiters and they did 300 as fast as they could. So it's a skill that could come in handy down the line.
Here's a 2 minute video of a few of the folds I can teach you. https://vimeo.com/203627766
So email me by 6 PM on Friday to get your invitation to the meeting of the Downton Abbey Napkin Folding Society.
- I wrote down start/stop times for each artist so you can skip to hear your favorites
- Suzanne Vega, Tom Chapin, The Chapin Sisters, Josh White Jr, Michael Fracasso, David Roth, Bev Grant, Guy Davis, David Massengill, & Bethany Yarrow
- Listen to this A++ singer sing her brilliant a cappella song, "Wear A Mask" -- and please share --
- At 3 PM Eastern, the Woodstock Folk Festival, at 7:30 PM debut of concert that Don White and I didn't realize was filmed, at 9:30 a Zoom song swap with surprise guests AND a Pie Beauty Contest
- Join Don White and me in the chat room of a watch party for a show we did that was secretly filmed four years ago -- and yes, the secret filmmaker will be there, too --
- Tickets are only $10 -- I'm sure it will be a fascinating conversation
- The GVFF from 7 PM to 10 PM Eastern time LIVE on your screen tonight - FREE - https://www.facebook.com/GVFF2020/
- Two separate events -- for those celebrating at home -- For song swap the first 100 who show up get in.
- Let me know if you want to hear something I haven't done in a long time -- the show is 8 PM Eastern, under the umbrella of the Swallow Hill Music School of Denver
- All you need is a square cotton napkin, 16x16 or 20x20, or square paper napkin - all ages, all skill levels, beginners welcome
- Robbie Fairchild, star of Broadway's "An American In Paris," lifts his neighbors' spirits by performing a one-man show on his rooftop
- I toured 9 years with Don -- all his humor is based around being a father and now a Grandfather -- you DUDES will LOVE him today!