Buy 2 or more CDs and get a FREE copy of the brand new 2-CD compilation "The Longest Night Of The Year" -- while they last
In October I started selling CDs directly from my website -- thank you all who have ordered! Now I have a special offer that will last as long as I have copies of "The Longest Night Of The Year," the 2020 2-CD holiday compilation released every year by Hudson Harding Music. You can't buy it -- it's only sent to the artists on it and to the Folk DJ list. For the past 10 years in a row every annual compilation has made it to #1 on the FolkDJ list for the month of December. I'm sure this one will, too.
They aren't being mailed to DJs til next week, but I have 40 copies that just arrived today, and if you buy 2 or more CDs from the CD Store on my website, you will get a copy of this brand new compilation free. I've just listened through to it twice, and flagged more than a dozen songs I have to whittle down for a radio show -- there's so much good stuff here.
I know some people collect holiday albums -- well here's a 2-CD set you can't buy anywhere -- there's only 1,000 pressed, and I am lucky enough to have 40 that I'm allowed to sell -- but hey, I didn't pay for them, so I'm passing the savings on to you.
There's a song of mine on Disc 2 (I don't perform it, someone else does) -- these albums have become true collectors' items, so here's your chance. Oh and all the orders I am sending out today include "The Longest Night Of The Year" in them. I think it's only fair!
- For decades Phil's sister Sonny Ochs has hosted these shows across the country -- tonight it's all LIVE and FREE on your screen
- We didn't know what songs we'd hear, and looking back on this, it's wonderful -- I list who plays when so you can skip to your favorites
- My live Hurdy Gurdy concert has been moved from indoors to online -- I'm joined by a dozen singer/songwriters each doing 2 songs -- from 7 PM to 10 PM Eastern
- It begins with a funny song for our times, "Stress" by Jim Infantino, ends with Kate Taylor's lovely, "I've Got A Message"
- A strong lineup for top to bottom -- the incomparable Jim Infantino opens, Kate closes, and an embarrassment of riches in between
- Columnist Jennifer Finney Boylan was inspired by the song to write about her best summer -- what was yours?
- The PFF asked me to help MC, and to do a 15-20 min minute set, which is the exact length of this one song, which is based on something that really happened
- Starting with Brooks Williams in Cambridge, UK --- closing with B&B in the US -- next month Bob Lind is headliner (yes, The Elusive Butterfly Of Love guy)
- Wonderful food (dining room opens at 5:30) -- spectacular desserts -- LIVE entertainment -- Tickets $25 in advance, $30 at the door.
- Believe it or not, when I wrote this song inspired by the 2009 Scripps Spelling Bee, I SPELT TWO WORDS WRONG! Finally I've made up for it.
- Jimmy Webb wrote the perfect song for the launch back in 1978, and here Michael Feinstein sings it.
- Have a favorite in the show? Here's when each performs so you can zip right to them --