Tonight at 9 Eastern meet Canadian luthier extraordinaire Grit Laskin and his "+1"
Grit Laskin might be THE best luthier and inlay artist in the world, but because he is Canadian, he would never say that. But I can. Tonight at 9 I interview him for "One On One Plus One" on folkmusicnotebook.com. He is also a first rate singer/songwriter so I'll be asking him about what he considers his "signature" song, and for his +1 he will introduce to you another Canadian artist I've been a fan of from the first note I ever heard her sing, but never knew the backstory that Grit tells tonight.
If you are near a computer, laptop, or smart phone tonight, I know you'll love this broadcast, so I hope you can tune in.
- Wonderful food (dining room opens at 5:30) -- spectacular desserts -- LIVE entertainment -- Tickets $25 in advance, $30 at the door.
- Believe it or not, when I wrote this song inspired by the 2009 Scripps Spelling Bee, I SPELT TWO WORDS WRONG! Finally I've made up for it.
- Jimmy Webb wrote the perfect song for the launch back in 1978, and here Michael Feinstein sings it.
- Have a favorite in the show? Here's when each performs so you can zip right to them --
- and ends 3 hours later with John McCutcheon live from the States -- watch it LIVE and FREE on FB and YouTube, or listen to audio on folkmusicnotebook.com
- The true story of my sister Mary's pet albino guinea pig "Piglet" and the day Joe Namath asked if he could pet him
- Sunday, June 13, 2021
- That's what I get for working in the middle of the night when I should have been sleeping! And there's a glitch at the 'store' that will be fixed by Monday
- Stories about radio host Bob Sherman, Pete Seeger, Dave Van Ronk, George Wurzbach, Livingston Taylor, Garry Novikoff, and Laura Weber
- Buy 2 or more CDs and get brand new FREE compilation with new songs and recordings by Sloan Wainwright, Amy Speace, Rob Siegel, me, and others
- I'm not MC-ing this time, I'm in the show -- MCs are Ron Olesko and Sonny Ochs
- New song/video: "The Best Summer" by Christine Lavin