Tonight at 9 Eastern meet Canadian luthier extraordinaire Grit Laskin and his "+1"
Grit Laskin might be THE best luthier and inlay artist in the world, but because he is Canadian, he would never say that. But I can. Tonight at 9 I interview him for "One On One Plus One" on folkmusicnotebook.com. He is also a first rate singer/songwriter so I'll be asking him about what he considers his "signature" song, and for his +1 he will introduce to you another Canadian artist I've been a fan of from the first note I ever heard her sing, but never knew the backstory that Grit tells tonight.
If you are near a computer, laptop, or smart phone tonight, I know you'll love this broadcast, so I hope you can tune in.
- I wrote a song about him on my last album, "First Dance/Last Dance"
- "Trade Up"
- Two surprise guests from Rochester, NY, one from Key West Florida at 7:30 show -- then After Party til 9:30
- Saturday night at 7:30 PM Eastern solo concert for Golden Link of Rochester; 8:45 After Party with my friends Kat Goldman & David Ippolito
- Dar Williams is now part of the Congressional Record -- her quote starts five seconds in
- Will have a special 6 song tribute to Dave Van Ronk for a very special reason
- I sent my Click & Grow farm FB post to the company and they responded by offering a 15% discount to any friends of mine
- "Painting Resilience: The Life & Art of Fred Terna" by Julia Mayer -- the most important project I have ever worked on
- Alice Howe is a spectacular singer, Freebo a brilliant bassist - I'm their guest on Wednesday at 8 PM Eastern - plus an "After Party" with a surprise guest
- The best new song of 2021 has already been written, "Because We Need You Now" by Cliff Eberhardt & Tom Prasada-Rao
- One last video -- thank you all who sent photos for it -- Happy New Year --
- Thank you all who came to our concert -- one final video -- thanks to all who sent photos for it - "Sealed With A Kiss"