There's an interesting footnote at the end of Chapter 7 that I think you'd dig
Lucy Gayheart Book 2, Chapters 5, 6, 7
I spent 8 hours on this today (mostly that footnote) so I have to do other work the next couple days -- hope you're enjoying the ride, and if you haven't been reading, at least you know eventually the whole book will be there so you can binge read later.
- For decades Phil's sister Sonny Ochs has hosted these shows across the country -- tonight it's all LIVE and FREE on your screen
- We didn't know what songs we'd hear, and looking back on this, it's wonderful -- I list who plays when so you can skip to your favorites
- My live Hurdy Gurdy concert has been moved from indoors to online -- I'm joined by a dozen singer/songwriters each doing 2 songs -- from 7 PM to 10 PM Eastern
- It begins with a funny song for our times, "Stress" by Jim Infantino, ends with Kate Taylor's lovely, "I've Got A Message"
- A strong lineup for top to bottom -- the incomparable Jim Infantino opens, Kate closes, and an embarrassment of riches in between
- Columnist Jennifer Finney Boylan was inspired by the song to write about her best summer -- what was yours?
- The PFF asked me to help MC, and to do a 15-20 min minute set, which is the exact length of this one song, which is based on something that really happened
- Starting with Brooks Williams in Cambridge, UK --- closing with B&B in the US -- next month Bob Lind is headliner (yes, The Elusive Butterfly Of Love guy)
- Wonderful food (dining room opens at 5:30) -- spectacular desserts -- LIVE entertainment -- Tickets $25 in advance, $30 at the door.
- Believe it or not, when I wrote this song inspired by the 2009 Scripps Spelling Bee, I SPELT TWO WORDS WRONG! Finally I've made up for it.
- Jimmy Webb wrote the perfect song for the launch back in 1978, and here Michael Feinstein sings it.
- Have a favorite in the show? Here's when each performs so you can zip right to them --