The Last Hurrah -- join John Gorka, Cheryl Wheeler, Patty Larkin, Cliff Eberhardt, and me -- 14 more concerts and that's it!
On March 5th the final leg of the "On A Winter's Night" concert tour begins at the Landmark Theater in Port Washington, NY, winds through New England, then California, the Pacific NW, ending in Denver on March 28th. Here's a video I made with all the details:
2020 "On A Winter's Night" Tour of Lavin-Gorka-Wheeler-Larkin & Lavin:
It's a one-night folk festival (without the mud rain, or bugs). In the first half the five of us each do a solo set, then after intermission we are side by side by side by side. We had a blast doing nine shows together in 2019, but this is the end. The tour may continue in 2021, but both Cheryl Wheeler and I won't be part of it -- Lucy Kaplansky will take the fourth chair -- so this will be the last time you'll get to see the show in this five-artist configuration.
I produced this project way back in 1989 and my goal was always for it to be a revolving cast of characters, so Lucy joining in makes me very happy. Spread the joy, that's what I say. My theatrical and video work is leading me in a new direction, so these shows will be very special.
The album, "On A Winter's Night," is not available at iTunes -- the physical albums went out of print last year, but they have repressed a few hundred for this tour. Hint hint -- if you get one at one of our shows, your heirs on the Antique Road Show a hundred years from now will get good news (especially if we sign them). So don't be shy. Signing CDs is the high school yearbook I never got to sign (went to a private school that went bankrupt -- long story).
THE LAST LEG OF THE FIVE-ARTIST 'ON A WINTER'S NIGHT' TOUR OF LAVIN-GORKA-WHEELER-LARKIN-EBERHARDT
March 5: Landmark On Main Street Theater, Port Washington, NY landmarkonmainstreet.org
March 6: Levoy Theatre, Millville, NJ levoy.net
March 7: The Birchmere, Alexandria, VA birchmere.com
March 8: Sellersville Theater, Sellersville PA (suburb of Philly) st94.com
March 12: Zeiterion Theater, New Bedford, MA zeiterion.org
March 13: Regent Theater, Arlington, MA (sold out) regenttheatre.com
March 15: Ridgefield Playhouse, Ridgefield, CT ridgefieldplayhouse.org
March 20: Van Duzer Theater Arcata, CA https://cahss.humboldt.edu/aggregator/sources/2
March 22: Freigh & Salvage, Berkeley, CA https://www.thefreight.org
March 24: Alberta Rose Theatre, Portland, OR https://albertarosetheatre.com
March 25: The Triple Door, Seattle, WA http://www.thetripledoor.net/thetripledoor.html
March 27: Rialto Theatre, Loveland, CO http://www.rialtotheatercenter.org
March 28: Soiled Dove Underground, Denver, CO https://tavernhg.mobi/soileddove/index.php
If you have any friends in any of these cities, can you let them know we'll be passing through? One of these shows is already sold out, and we don't want anyone to be left out of the fun.
- The GVFF from 7 PM to 10 PM Eastern time LIVE on your screen tonight - FREE - https://www.facebook.com/GVFF2020/
- Two separate events -- for those celebrating at home -- For song swap the first 100 who show up get in.
- Let me know if you want to hear something I haven't done in a long time -- the show is 8 PM Eastern, under the umbrella of the Swallow Hill Music School of Denver
- All you need is a square cotton napkin, 16x16 or 20x20, or square paper napkin - all ages, all skill levels, beginners welcome
- Robbie Fairchild, star of Broadway's "An American In Paris," lifts his neighbors' spirits by performing a one-man show on his rooftop
- I toured 9 years with Don -- all his humor is based around being a father and now a Grandfather -- you DUDES will LOVE him today!
- I'm doing one song at 8 PM Eastern tonight and teaching how to fold a cloth napkin like Downton Abbey - p.s. from Neil deGrasse Tyson
- "More Than Meets The Eye" by Sandy Cash -- The Times of Israel helps put her song/video on the map
- Here's "Lavin Live at Passim for one hour" -- in the first 24 hours it's been viewed more than 4,500 times -- who knew?
- Free concert and song swap tonight -- starting at 8 PM at passim.org -- then we're all moving over to Zoom at 9:15
- June 1, 2020 8:45 PM FDR Drive/under the Manhattan Bridge
- Highlights from the Forever Plaid 30th Plaidiversary Reunion Special (26 minutes & 40 seconds)