Red Grammer & Kenny White are the soundtrack for my brother Christopher's wonderful project in Geneva
Since March 23rd, the day the schools shut down, my brother Christopher, who is executive director of The Boys & Girls Club of Geneva, has spear-headed a project that has delivered more than 12,000 hot meals to hungry kids within a 10 mile radius of Geneva, NY. When I saw pictures of what they are doing, I asked if I could make a video for them -- over the past 10 days we've been emailing and texting back and forth dozens of times -- it's just gone live and I couldn't be more proud of my brother and the people he's inspired to work alongside him.
I've been a fan of Red Grammer's since last century, back before he became the best children's performer in the US (he had replaced Glenn Yarbrough of "The Limeliters" -- yes, Red has PIPES for days). And a couple years ago I was asked to judge submissions for showcases at a music conference -- it was blind judging -- and one musician in particular I gave a perfect score to turned out to be Kenny White, who plays piano on this track. All these years I thought Red played on it, but I would be wrong!
The only reason why this song hasn't become a certified platinum hit is that you have to have one of the great voices in the world to do it justice. Red has one of those voices. Maybe using it here will finally get it the attention it deserves. How lucky are we that Red immediately said yes when I asked if I could use his song like this. Not only is he a great performer for children, he's an advocate for kids, too, and wanted to help. Thanks so much, Red.
Enjoy this beautiful song as it accompanies the good works of the people in Geneva who are looking out for their neighbors.
Geneva Food Project Gets A New Sound Track
- "Painting Resilience: The Life & Art of Fred Terna" by Julia Mayer -- the most important project I have ever worked on
- Alice Howe is a spectacular singer, Freebo a brilliant bassist - I'm their guest on Wednesday at 8 PM Eastern - plus an "After Party" with a surprise guest
- The best new song of 2021 has already been written, "Because We Need You Now" by Cliff Eberhardt & Tom Prasada-Rao
- One last video -- thank you all who sent photos for it -- Happy New Year --
- Thank you all who came to our concert -- one final video -- thanks to all who sent photos for it - "Sealed With A Kiss"
- Let's ring in the new year together -- 7 PM Eastern - 9:45 PM Eastern
- Looking for still photos or short (less than 10 sec) clips of you with a photo of someone you've missed this past year
- The average chapter is 10-1/2 minutes; you can watch/read along, or just listen in the dark
- Christmas is so close - I'm going to the P.O. at 3:30 today - CDs are a lovely gift and help keep me afloat - FREE CD with any purchase
- Sunday Night: McCutcheon/McDonough/Paul/DonJuans/Lavin/Williams/Queler/Crockett/Buskin/Nininger
- Sunday, December 6, 2020
- 10 Artists 15 minutes each