Red Grammer & Kenny White are the soundtrack for my brother Christopher's wonderful project in Geneva
Since March 23rd, the day the schools shut down, my brother Christopher, who is executive director of The Boys & Girls Club of Geneva, has spear-headed a project that has delivered more than 12,000 hot meals to hungry kids within a 10 mile radius of Geneva, NY. When I saw pictures of what they are doing, I asked if I could make a video for them -- over the past 10 days we've been emailing and texting back and forth dozens of times -- it's just gone live and I couldn't be more proud of my brother and the people he's inspired to work alongside him.
I've been a fan of Red Grammer's since last century, back before he became the best children's performer in the US (he had replaced Glenn Yarbrough of "The Limeliters" -- yes, Red has PIPES for days). And a couple years ago I was asked to judge submissions for showcases at a music conference -- it was blind judging -- and one musician in particular I gave a perfect score to turned out to be Kenny White, who plays piano on this track. All these years I thought Red played on it, but I would be wrong!
The only reason why this song hasn't become a certified platinum hit is that you have to have one of the great voices in the world to do it justice. Red has one of those voices. Maybe using it here will finally get it the attention it deserves. How lucky are we that Red immediately said yes when I asked if I could use his song like this. Not only is he a great performer for children, he's an advocate for kids, too, and wanted to help. Thanks so much, Red.
Enjoy this beautiful song as it accompanies the good works of the people in Geneva who are looking out for their neighbors.
Geneva Food Project Gets A New Sound Track
- Red Grammer & Kenny White are the soundtrack for my brother Christopher's wonderful project in Geneva
- 18-1/2 minutes The last two chapters of Book 2 -- Book 3 will follow soon
- Lucy Gayheart -- Book 2, Chapters 8 & 9 -- 11 minutes 22 seconds -- Christmas comes to Haverford
- There's an interesting footnote at the end of Chapter 7 that I think you'd dig
- Lucy Moves Back to Nebraska, Nobody Knows What Happened . . .
- An embarrassment of riches - BOTH FREE -- Jeff Daniels doing a 1 hour concert at 7:30, Jim Caruso's Cast Party at 8 - both videos available online after the live performance
- . . with a fascinating footnote at the end
- LUCY GAYHEART Book 2, Chapter 1 (this follows Chapter 21, the last chapter in Book 1)
- The End of Lucy's Summer
- LUCY GAYHEART Chapters 17 & 18 read aloud --
- TONIGHT "PAJAMA CAST PARTY" is live on your computer screen at 8 PM Eastern, 5 PM Pacific, 1 AM London Time
- John Prine's death his Janis Ian hard, but from it she's written a simple song of hope