Most of the guests Robin invited, but there's a few surprises thrown in that Robin loved and you will, too --
Tom Rush, Daniel Cainer, Rod MacDonald, and David Roth perform brand new songs. Marilyn Rea Beyer, host of "The Midnight Special" every Saturday night on WFMT in Chicago does an original poetry reading. Megon McDonough sings one of the classic tunes from her repertoire that now spans 50 years. Lisa Klotz sings the brand new anthem, "Ukrainian Now," written by John McCutcheon and Tom Paxton. You'll learn how Buskin & Batteau unwittingly jumpstarted the career of the trio, "Brother Sun." You'll hear a brand new song by an artist who is probably new to you, David LaMotte, the best pandemic song I've heard to date. And with the notes below you can jump around, take your time, play some songs over again.
For any of you who attended, you know the concert raised over $1400 for Robin's tuition fund, that he is splitting with the Sirius Animal Rescue Charity in Kyiv.
53 years after his class graduated, Robin returned to his alma mater, studied hard, passed his exams and today walked with the class of 2022 to receive his college degree. Let's all be inspired by his example.
ROBIN BATTEAU ZOOM GRADUATION MUSIC PARTY - 3 hours, 13 minutes, 16 seconds
:00 Opening credits:
10 Robin Batteau welcomes everyone
6:22 “Terracotta Heart” © Robin Batteau ASCAP
12:23 Robin introduces David Buskin
14:49 “Nico” by David Buskin, Poso Music/ASCAP21:24 “Every Storm Runs Out Of Rain” by David Buskin, Poso Music/ASCAP
26:25 The Four Bitchin’ Babes “It’s All About You Robin”27:16 Tom Rush “I Quit” BMG Publishing
29:54 Lisa Patterson Lay testimonial
30:40 Christopher Lavin testimonial
31:08 DJ Sleepy John Sandidge testimonial
31:30 Bruce Ginsberg testimonial
33:03 Daniel Cainer “Sailing On The Ionian Sea" PRS
36:49 Marilyn Rea Beyer testimonial
37:45 Megon McDonough “If Love Is A Dream” Wooden Nickel Publishing, ASCAP
41:23 Rod MacDonald riffs
43:49 “Enough About Me” Rod MacDonald Blue Flute Music ASCAP
47:29 “Water Music” reading by Marilyn Rea Beyer
50:35 “Let Me Be That Clear” Janie BarnettMinor Regrets Music, ASCAP
59:14 Lisa Klotz & Mark Dann “Ukrainian Now” ©2022, John McCutcheon/Appalsongs, ASCAP and Tom Paxton/Bristow Songs, SESAC
1:02:26 Cliff Eberhardt “Things We Leave Behind” Hank Sr. Music BMI
1:07:22 Louise Mosrie “October” Zoe Cat Music BMI
1:10:32 Neale Eckstein “Waiting In The Wings” ASCAP by Neale Eckstein and Robin Batteau, Spongelove Publishing, Robin Batteau (ASCAP)
1:18:28 John Forster “Nothing Ventured, Nothing Lost” Limousine Music, ASCAP
1:23:32 Greg Greenway “Can’t Get Out Of My Own Way” © Sheen of Heat Music BMI
1:30:42 Kyle Hancharick “Love Shine Through” © 2022 Kyle Hancharick ASCAP
1:36:13 Robin’s niece Yolande says hi
1:38:33 David LaMotte “Coming Alive Again” David LaMotte © 2022 Dryad Publishing, ASCAP
1:45:34 Hugh O’Doherty “Music Room” ©2019 Hugh M. O’Doherty
1:52:32 Pierce Pettis testimonial
1:53:23 Elaine Romanelli “One Small Drop” BMI
1:57:20 David Roth "Robin's Hood" © Maythelight Music ASCAP
2:06:59 Gail Finnie Rundlett “Single Wing” © Robin Batteau ASCAP
2:14:17 Carolann Solebello “The Bird & The Boat”© Carolann Solebello, In Terra Pax Music, ASCAP
2:18:29 Robin introduces Jeff & Fran Southworth
2:25:31 “Choose Joy” written by Robin Batteau, performed by Fran & Jeff Southworth
2:29:47 Kate Taylor "Princess On The Pond" © Devil's Bridge Music BMI
2:38:23 “Younger Than My Years” by Tom Toce & Charles Rosenberg, © Retrograde Music ASCAP2:45:28 Annie Wenz "Danger Zone” © Island Gypsy Publishing, ASCAP
2:51:21 Kenny White & Angela Reed ”Who’s Gonna Be the One” © Kenny White, MVP Music ASCAP
2:57:42 shout-out to Eileen and Allan Pepper & The Bottom Line
2:59:00 John Forster "The Zoom Song" © John Forster, Limousine Music Co. (ASCAP)
3:04:39 Robin Batteau & Friends “Lancelot’s Tune (Guinevere)” © Robin Batteau, ASCAP
3:10:11"How Can You Love Me" © Robin Batteau (ASCAP) with Yani Batteau harmonies under the closing credits
- The digital songbook is half the price of the physical songbook; "Shopping Cart Of Love: The Play" is a standalone for $10 -- a song anyone can sing
- Most of the guests Robin invited, but there's a few surprises thrown in that Robin loved and you will, too --
- Robin Batteau gives new meaning to "Last In His Class at Harvard" and "graduating senior." Join Tom Rush, David Buskin & more celebrating Robin with song - LIVE Tuesday night
- Daniel Cainer just added to the 4 PM Eastern time show with David Ippolito today
- Daniel Cainer just added to David Ippolito's 4 PM Zoom -- Daniel Cainer, who is currently in residence at the SoHo Playhouse in Manhattan
- Here's what you need to know to get into the zoom room
- Please share this new anthem dedicated the the brave people of Ukraine sung by 13 American singer/songwriters. Sheet music at the end of the video
- The story behind the song, "Ervin & Edith"
- The debut of a song I've wanted to write for 7 years, the true story of Ervin & Edith Drake will air late afternoon Sunday on WFUV.org between 5:30 - 6 PM Eastern time - an hour later the online GVFF celebrating Sonny Ochs' 85th birthday!
- My friend Emily Bindiger conducted the singers, Julie Gold sat right in front of me, here's how it ended. Thank you to Phil Klum for mastering the sound at midnight.
- I changed my major SIX times. NOT the way to spend four years, but hey, that's how I did it.
- If you'd like to be part of a live audience -- turn on your camera, turn on your mic to clap -- come to zoom at 3 --- or go to YouTube if you want to be anonymous