Live on August 4: "Cary Grant, Esther Williams, Tom Cruise & The Romance Of The Gun"
Following the El Paso and Dayton shootings I sang this song on Sunday afternoon. I wrote this in 2012 but never got such a response before. The song contains a very important statistic -- there are 329,000,000 Americans, 5.5 million in the NRA. That's 1.5% of us who bully to get their way.
I hope you can share this -- we need to be reminded how many more of us are NOT in the NRA than are.
“Cary Grant, Esther Williams, Tom Cruise & The Romance Of The Gun” live at Chautauqua Aug 4, 2019:
I wanted to send this last night, but couldn't, due to changes at my website. Since I posted it on FB last night it's gotten over 1700 views. I hope it can have a positive effect and helping us get mobilized. Thank you for reading this all the way to the end.
- I wrote a song about him on my last album, "First Dance/Last Dance"
- "Trade Up"
- Two surprise guests from Rochester, NY, one from Key West Florida at 7:30 show -- then After Party til 9:30
- Saturday night at 7:30 PM Eastern solo concert for Golden Link of Rochester; 8:45 After Party with my friends Kat Goldman & David Ippolito
- Dar Williams is now part of the Congressional Record -- her quote starts five seconds in
- Will have a special 6 song tribute to Dave Van Ronk for a very special reason
- I sent my Click & Grow farm FB post to the company and they responded by offering a 15% discount to any friends of mine
- "Painting Resilience: The Life & Art of Fred Terna" by Julia Mayer -- the most important project I have ever worked on
- Alice Howe is a spectacular singer, Freebo a brilliant bassist - I'm their guest on Wednesday at 8 PM Eastern - plus an "After Party" with a surprise guest
- The best new song of 2021 has already been written, "Because We Need You Now" by Cliff Eberhardt & Tom Prasada-Rao
- One last video -- thank you all who sent photos for it -- Happy New Year --
- Thank you all who came to our concert -- one final video -- thanks to all who sent photos for it - "Sealed With A Kiss"