Joanne Woodward's dream was to turn this book into a film -- I hope this will get it a step closer
Joanne Woodward is now retired, so making this into a film is something she won't be doing -- but maybe another enterprising filmmaker will run with this idea.
Here's the final two chapters (officially Book 3, Chapter 3 and Book 3, Chapter 4) plus a final footnote about Joanne Woodward in case you know of a Merchant & Ivory type filmmaker looking for a great book to bring to the screen.
Many years ago I wrote a song about Joanne Woodward's obsession with this book and it contained this lyric:
"If you would like me to answer
all these burning questions
I'm sorry to disappoint
but that's something I cannot do
it would ruin Joanne's movie for you
should she ever make it
I envision an American equivalent of
"A Room With A View."
When I wrote that line I thought hey, I better go and re-look at that other film to see if that's an apt comparison. It had been years since I had seen it.
Well, blow me down, "A Room With A View" is set in the exact same year -- 1901 -- and the lead ingenue is named, "Lucy." But it's set in Florence, Italy and is a completely different story -- but what are the odds?
Here's the final two chapters -- Enjoy! Or be glad it's done and I won't be sending any more of these. It's been my way of dealing with the pandemic. But if you do get a hankerin' for a good read, you've got all the chapters now.
Next To Last Chapter Book 3, Chapter 3 of “Lucy Gayheart” 19:53
Final Chapter Book 3, Chapter 4 of “Lucy Gayheart”. 18:55. w/fond final farewell footnote
Stay safe, everybody. I know we're all stir-crazy, but don't do anything rash. Reading is a nice, safe hobby for now.
- "Painting Resilience: The Life & Art of Fred Terna" by Julia Mayer -- the most important project I have ever worked on
- Alice Howe is a spectacular singer, Freebo a brilliant bassist - I'm their guest on Wednesday at 8 PM Eastern - plus an "After Party" with a surprise guest
- The best new song of 2021 has already been written, "Because We Need You Now" by Cliff Eberhardt & Tom Prasada-Rao
- One last video -- thank you all who sent photos for it -- Happy New Year --
- Thank you all who came to our concert -- one final video -- thanks to all who sent photos for it - "Sealed With A Kiss"
- Let's ring in the new year together -- 7 PM Eastern - 9:45 PM Eastern
- Looking for still photos or short (less than 10 sec) clips of you with a photo of someone you've missed this past year
- The average chapter is 10-1/2 minutes; you can watch/read along, or just listen in the dark
- Christmas is so close - I'm going to the P.O. at 3:30 today - CDs are a lovely gift and help keep me afloat - FREE CD with any purchase
- Sunday Night: McCutcheon/McDonough/Paul/DonJuans/Lavin/Williams/Queler/Crockett/Buskin/Nininger
- Sunday, December 6, 2020
- 10 Artists 15 minutes each