Joanne Woodward's dream was to turn this book into a film -- I hope this will get it a step closer
Joanne Woodward is now retired, so making this into a film is something she won't be doing -- but maybe another enterprising filmmaker will run with this idea.
Here's the final two chapters (officially Book 3, Chapter 3 and Book 3, Chapter 4) plus a final footnote about Joanne Woodward in case you know of a Merchant & Ivory type filmmaker looking for a great book to bring to the screen.
Many years ago I wrote a song about Joanne Woodward's obsession with this book and it contained this lyric:
"If you would like me to answer
all these burning questions
I'm sorry to disappoint
but that's something I cannot do
it would ruin Joanne's movie for you
should she ever make it
I envision an American equivalent of
"A Room With A View."
When I wrote that line I thought hey, I better go and re-look at that other film to see if that's an apt comparison. It had been years since I had seen it.
Well, blow me down, "A Room With A View" is set in the exact same year -- 1901 -- and the lead ingenue is named, "Lucy." But it's set in Florence, Italy and is a completely different story -- but what are the odds?
Here's the final two chapters -- Enjoy! Or be glad it's done and I won't be sending any more of these. It's been my way of dealing with the pandemic. But if you do get a hankerin' for a good read, you've got all the chapters now.
Next To Last Chapter Book 3, Chapter 3 of “Lucy Gayheart” 19:53
Final Chapter Book 3, Chapter 4 of “Lucy Gayheart”. 18:55. w/fond final farewell footnote
Stay safe, everybody. I know we're all stir-crazy, but don't do anything rash. Reading is a nice, safe hobby for now.
- Also part of this tonight -- Don Armstrong, Rory Block, Steve Gillette & Cindy Mangsen and others
- The people on Mulberry Street in Rochester, NY thank all essential workers doing their jobs
- Joanne Woodward's dream was to turn this book into a film -- I hope this will get it a step closer
- After this, only 2 chapters left to read (will be posted on Sunday night)
- here's the real chapter 3 of "Lucy Gayheart" by Willa Cather -- sorry about that!
- 7-1/2 minutes to get us all on the same page so we're prepared for the ending of the book (which will be posted late Saturday and late Sunday)
- Red Grammer & Kenny White are the soundtrack for my brother Christopher's wonderful project in Geneva
- 18-1/2 minutes The last two chapters of Book 2 -- Book 3 will follow soon
- Lucy Gayheart -- Book 2, Chapters 8 & 9 -- 11 minutes 22 seconds -- Christmas comes to Haverford
- There's an interesting footnote at the end of Chapter 7 that I think you'd dig
- Lucy Moves Back to Nebraska, Nobody Knows What Happened . . .
- An embarrassment of riches - BOTH FREE -- Jeff Daniels doing a 1 hour concert at 7:30, Jim Caruso's Cast Party at 8 - both videos available online after the live performance