I wrote down start/stop times for each artist so you can skip to hear your favorites
GREENWICH VILLAGE FOLK FESTIVAL AUGUST 2, 2020
Start: Rod MacDonald 00-3:30
Christine Lavin says hello, introduces Michael Fracasso 3:30-4:54
Michael Fracasso 5:00 - 18:53
Ron Olesko intros Bev Grant 18:54 - 21:13
Bev Grant 21:14 - 37:28
37:29 - 40:25 Ron Olesko intros David Massengill
David Massengil 40:25 - 57:41
Christine Lavin mentions Bottom Line and “Great American Dream” - Allan Pepper watching
Chris intros David Roth 57:42 - 1:00:12
David Roth 1:00:13 - 1:14:51
Ron Olesko intros Chapin Sisters 1:14:51 - 1:18:51
Chapin Sisters 1:18: 52 - 1:34:38
Ron Olesko intros 1:34:39 1:39:10 Guy Davis
Guy Davis 1:39:11 - 1:52:40
Christine Lavin intros Bethany Yarrow 1:52:41 - 1:53:43
Bethany Yarrow 1:53: 44 - 2:14:45
Ron Olesko intros John White Jr 2:14:46 - 2:18:25
Josh White Jr. 2:18:25 - 2:29:01
Christine intros Tom Chapin 2:29:02 - 2:30:48
Tom Chapin 2:30:49 - 2:49:01
Ron intros Suzanne Vega 2:49:01 - 2:52:17
Suzanne Vega 2:52:18 - 3:07:50
Announcements til 3:11:28
AFTER SHOW SPONTANEOUS GET TOGETHER
(NOT TO BE MISSED)
3:11:29 - 3:30 that includes Michael Fracasso showing us his cookbook, David Massengill telling the story of his biggest regret in his musical life, followed by David & Lisi Tribble singing “Sightseer” by popular demand, another shout-out to Allan Pepper, topped off by David Roth telling an amazing story about Chez Paris in Chicago back in the 1950s. A good time was had by all.
- For decades Phil's sister Sonny Ochs has hosted these shows across the country -- tonight it's all LIVE and FREE on your screen
- We didn't know what songs we'd hear, and looking back on this, it's wonderful -- I list who plays when so you can skip to your favorites
- My live Hurdy Gurdy concert has been moved from indoors to online -- I'm joined by a dozen singer/songwriters each doing 2 songs -- from 7 PM to 10 PM Eastern
- It begins with a funny song for our times, "Stress" by Jim Infantino, ends with Kate Taylor's lovely, "I've Got A Message"
- A strong lineup for top to bottom -- the incomparable Jim Infantino opens, Kate closes, and an embarrassment of riches in between
- Columnist Jennifer Finney Boylan was inspired by the song to write about her best summer -- what was yours?
- The PFF asked me to help MC, and to do a 15-20 min minute set, which is the exact length of this one song, which is based on something that really happened
- Starting with Brooks Williams in Cambridge, UK --- closing with B&B in the US -- next month Bob Lind is headliner (yes, The Elusive Butterfly Of Love guy)
- Wonderful food (dining room opens at 5:30) -- spectacular desserts -- LIVE entertainment -- Tickets $25 in advance, $30 at the door.
- Believe it or not, when I wrote this song inspired by the 2009 Scripps Spelling Bee, I SPELT TWO WORDS WRONG! Finally I've made up for it.
- Jimmy Webb wrote the perfect song for the launch back in 1978, and here Michael Feinstein sings it.
- Have a favorite in the show? Here's when each performs so you can zip right to them --