I sent my Click & Grow farm FB post to the company and they responded by offering a 15% discount to any friends of mine
Surprise! I sent photos of my Click & Grow Farm to them and they loved the comments so much they are offering any of my friends 15% off with this code: HECTOR&WALDO15 at clickandgrow.com. If you have been thinking of farming (which is helping to keep me sane during the pandemic) here's your chance to save $ doing it, and I get the satisfaction of helping you connect with your inner E-I-E-I-O.
Hector is in the back and Waldo the tomato is to the right of Miguel (red jacket) along with the other action figure stars of the movie, "Coco," who protect my plants from trouble.
As is the folk music way, I don't make anything from this arrangement -- I just thought in case you're thinking about windowsill farming, here's your chance get a deal. The grow lights are built in to the 'handle' -- I bought the 9 pod size, so my first crops were 3 pods of basil, tiny tomatoes, and lettuce each. The lettuce I ate, made two batches of homemade pesto with the basil I grew, and there are now more than a dozen tiny tomatoes growing. When they are ripe I am going to make salsa for the whole cast of "Coco."
This is a great project for kids -- you check the water supply every day (there's a "float" that goes up and down -- you want to keep it "up," which means it's filled). Because of all my travels I was never able to keep pets OR plants -- and now I almost have both -- since I had to pollinate the tomato plant with my electric toothbrush (not kidding). Here's a video that teaches you how to do it if you don't believe me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy6CdUK5_IA
There's many different kinds of windowsill and kitchen "farms" - I chose "Click & Grow" because there is no noisy pump -- just the silent float. They have over 60 different things you can grow -- even catnip! So if this is something you've been thinking about, use my special discount code: HECTOR&WALDO15 and you're on your way.
p.s. since grow lights are built in, you don't need to put your farm on a windowsill. I just do that because that's where I have room, and I figure a little extra sunlight can't hurt!
- Sunday, June 13, 2021
- That's what I get for working in the middle of the night when I should have been sleeping! And there's a glitch at the 'store' that will be fixed by Monday
- Stories about radio host Bob Sherman, Pete Seeger, Dave Van Ronk, George Wurzbach, Livingston Taylor, Garry Novikoff, and Laura Weber
- Buy 2 or more CDs and get brand new FREE compilation with new songs and recordings by Sloan Wainwright, Amy Speace, Rob Siegel, me, and others
- I'm not MC-ing this time, I'm in the show -- MCs are Ron Olesko and Sonny Ochs
- New song/video: "The Best Summer" by Christine Lavin
- Includes the debut of "The Best Summer" song/video that I hope will inspire you to have your best summer
- Need a good beach book this summer? Watch me read chapter 1 of my book where I relive the nightmare of opening for Joan Rivers
- A private concert for The Ark in Ann Arbor, with After Party featuring a living legend and a future living legend
- Join Tom Prasada-Rao, Alice Howe, Cliff Eberhardt, Crys Matthews, The Queler/Farber Band, Rebecca Loebe, Rod MacDonald & More w/Ron Olesko and me tag-teaming MCs
- "That Elusive Blue" when it's not quite day, not quite night - from the album COLD PIZZA FOR BREAKFAST
- I've written a movie in the form of a song, a play in the form of a song, here's a CARTOON in the form of a song . . .