I just completed the video for "Bring Back The Bow," which I hope will help stop spreading germs
A facebook friend of mine named Jennifer Peterson posted this song yesterday, a song I'd forgotten I wrote. I worked on the video til 5 AM, then got up at the crack of 1 and finished it this afternoon. It's always had a serious subtext -- I got the idea when a musician came backstage one night, gave me a big hug and kiss and then croaked into my ear, "I am so sick, but this is how much you mean to me -- I got out of my sickbed to come to your show."
I'm not kidding. I was furious -- why would someone coughing and sneezing think hugging and kissing someone else is a good idea (unless the person is your enemy). I probably wrote this six years later, recorded it in 2009, and now here we are, on the edge of what could be a world-wide pandemic.
The only part of this song that I'm not sure of is the last line -- is fist bumping/knuckle tapping still considered safe? I'd err on the side of caution and say no.
"Bring Back The Bow"
Wishing you good health -- oh, and a belated happy birthday to Bob Mantin -- he was born on February 29th, so he's still a kid -- all of 16! Hope you had a good birthday!
- The other three performers are Reggie Harris, Siobhan O'Brien, and Marc Douglas Berardo
- Going to the P.O. on Monday at 4 PM to mail out 25 that are going out free with purchase of my new album -- last chance for swag --
- Meet Don White, Megon McDonough, Elizabeth Mosier, Peg Espinola, and Janet Feld -- all doing what they do best
- Celebrating the release of my brand new album, 'ON MY WAY TO HOOTERVILLE' followed by Song-Swap with Surprise Guests on Friday night
- Sing and/or play along with Robin Batteau around 9 PM when he does his classic, "Guinevere" - let me know if you want the sheet music
- Believe me, this is so good, it's worth the asylum I am now living in to send it to you -- Alice Howe's version of "A Case Of You" is worth it alone!
- I chalk it up to working non-stop on my new album (deadline is Friday Noon) -- here's highlights of the Midnight Zoom After Party with Andrew Ratshin, Matt Price, Alice Howe & Freebo
- I was joined by Andrew Ratshin, Matt Price, and Alice Howe & Freebo -- plus a former Jeopardy! champion for smart fun
- Plus the special guests announced for Midnight (Eastern time) Zoom After Party Friday night
- Larry Robbins and George T. Conway III are voices of reason when Wm Barr has clearly gone mad
- My concert is sponsored by McCabe's Guitar Shop in Santa Monica, live on FB at 11 PM Eastern on Friday. The After Party on Zoom immediately follows at Midnight. Finally, something for your night owls!
- The first I intro is Ivan Neville, one of New Orleans' best -- it's $25 a day, but you can go back and rewatch everything later