I just completed the video for "Bring Back The Bow," which I hope will help stop spreading germs
A facebook friend of mine named Jennifer Peterson posted this song yesterday, a song I'd forgotten I wrote. I worked on the video til 5 AM, then got up at the crack of 1 and finished it this afternoon. It's always had a serious subtext -- I got the idea when a musician came backstage one night, gave me a big hug and kiss and then croaked into my ear, "I am so sick, but this is how much you mean to me -- I got out of my sickbed to come to your show."
I'm not kidding. I was furious -- why would someone coughing and sneezing think hugging and kissing someone else is a good idea (unless the person is your enemy). I probably wrote this six years later, recorded it in 2009, and now here we are, on the edge of what could be a world-wide pandemic.
The only part of this song that I'm not sure of is the last line -- is fist bumping/knuckle tapping still considered safe? I'd err on the side of caution and say no.
"Bring Back The Bow"
Wishing you good health -- oh, and a belated happy birthday to Bob Mantin -- he was born on February 29th, so he's still a kid -- all of 16! Hope you had a good birthday!
- . . AND, AS THE SONG IMPLIES . . . A TORCH THAT WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE LIT . . . WEEP ALONG W/ME
- Concert canceled so I spent the day making a video: "Cold Pizza For Breakfast"
- I just completed the video for "Bring Back The Bow," which I hope will help stop spreading germs
- Look up on Thursday Feb 27th to watch Venus kiss the moon. Again.
- "On A Winter's Night" with Eberhardt, Gorka, Larkin, Lavin, and Wheeler - March 5-28 UPDATE
- The Last Hurrah -- join John Gorka, Cheryl Wheeler, Patty Larkin, Cliff Eberhardt, and me -- 14 more concerts and that's it!
- We must have emailed back and forth 100 times last night, finished the video in the wee hours, and here it is in BroadwayWorld!
- Michael Moricz, Mr. Rogers' musical director, wrote this -- I made the video -- we stayed up all night -- over 1,000 views so far -- a song for the dawning of 2020
- Could We Love Harry Connick Jr More Than We Already Do?
- My "Universal Holiday Greeting" gets it all over with in 39 seconds
- After staying up all night working on this, the songwriter asked me not to post it -- but then he changed his mind
- First leg of 26 city group tour starts November 7 at the Tarrytown Music Hall