I just completed the video for "Bring Back The Bow," which I hope will help stop spreading germs
A facebook friend of mine named Jennifer Peterson posted this song yesterday, a song I'd forgotten I wrote. I worked on the video til 5 AM, then got up at the crack of 1 and finished it this afternoon. It's always had a serious subtext -- I got the idea when a musician came backstage one night, gave me a big hug and kiss and then croaked into my ear, "I am so sick, but this is how much you mean to me -- I got out of my sickbed to come to your show."
I'm not kidding. I was furious -- why would someone coughing and sneezing think hugging and kissing someone else is a good idea (unless the person is your enemy). I probably wrote this six years later, recorded it in 2009, and now here we are, on the edge of what could be a world-wide pandemic.
The only part of this song that I'm not sure of is the last line -- is fist bumping/knuckle tapping still considered safe? I'd err on the side of caution and say no.
"Bring Back The Bow"
Wishing you good health -- oh, and a belated happy birthday to Bob Mantin -- he was born on February 29th, so he's still a kid -- all of 16! Hope you had a good birthday!
- I wrote a song about him on my last album, "First Dance/Last Dance"
- "Trade Up"
- Two surprise guests from Rochester, NY, one from Key West Florida at 7:30 show -- then After Party til 9:30
- Saturday night at 7:30 PM Eastern solo concert for Golden Link of Rochester; 8:45 After Party with my friends Kat Goldman & David Ippolito
- Dar Williams is now part of the Congressional Record -- her quote starts five seconds in
- Will have a special 6 song tribute to Dave Van Ronk for a very special reason
- I sent my Click & Grow farm FB post to the company and they responded by offering a 15% discount to any friends of mine
- "Painting Resilience: The Life & Art of Fred Terna" by Julia Mayer -- the most important project I have ever worked on
- Alice Howe is a spectacular singer, Freebo a brilliant bassist - I'm their guest on Wednesday at 8 PM Eastern - plus an "After Party" with a surprise guest
- The best new song of 2021 has already been written, "Because We Need You Now" by Cliff Eberhardt & Tom Prasada-Rao
- One last video -- thank you all who sent photos for it -- Happy New Year --
- Thank you all who came to our concert -- one final video -- thanks to all who sent photos for it - "Sealed With A Kiss"