I just completed the video for "Bring Back The Bow," which I hope will help stop spreading germs
A facebook friend of mine named Jennifer Peterson posted this song yesterday, a song I'd forgotten I wrote. I worked on the video til 5 AM, then got up at the crack of 1 and finished it this afternoon. It's always had a serious subtext -- I got the idea when a musician came backstage one night, gave me a big hug and kiss and then croaked into my ear, "I am so sick, but this is how much you mean to me -- I got out of my sickbed to come to your show."
I'm not kidding. I was furious -- why would someone coughing and sneezing think hugging and kissing someone else is a good idea (unless the person is your enemy). I probably wrote this six years later, recorded it in 2009, and now here we are, on the edge of what could be a world-wide pandemic.
The only part of this song that I'm not sure of is the last line -- is fist bumping/knuckle tapping still considered safe? I'd err on the side of caution and say no.
"Bring Back The Bow"
Wishing you good health -- oh, and a belated happy birthday to Bob Mantin -- he was born on February 29th, so he's still a kid -- all of 16! Hope you had a good birthday!
- "Painting Resilience: The Life & Art of Fred Terna" by Julia Mayer -- the most important project I have ever worked on
- Alice Howe is a spectacular singer, Freebo a brilliant bassist - I'm their guest on Wednesday at 8 PM Eastern - plus an "After Party" with a surprise guest
- The best new song of 2021 has already been written, "Because We Need You Now" by Cliff Eberhardt & Tom Prasada-Rao
- One last video -- thank you all who sent photos for it -- Happy New Year --
- Thank you all who came to our concert -- one final video -- thanks to all who sent photos for it - "Sealed With A Kiss"
- Let's ring in the new year together -- 7 PM Eastern - 9:45 PM Eastern
- Looking for still photos or short (less than 10 sec) clips of you with a photo of someone you've missed this past year
- The average chapter is 10-1/2 minutes; you can watch/read along, or just listen in the dark
- Christmas is so close - I'm going to the P.O. at 3:30 today - CDs are a lovely gift and help keep me afloat - FREE CD with any purchase
- Sunday Night: McCutcheon/McDonough/Paul/DonJuans/Lavin/Williams/Queler/Crockett/Buskin/Nininger
- Sunday, December 6, 2020
- 10 Artists 15 minutes each