Dave Lefkowitz is one funny guy - I'll be on his FB page at 11, though behind the scenes starting at 10 -- lots of wonderful guests
From 10 PM - 12:30 "Dave's Gone By" will be live on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/DavesGoneBy - FREE - I'll be onscreen around 11 PM for about 10 minutes, but I'll be there from 10 PM on because you never know what will happen next with Dave.
I plan to read a short fun chapter from my new book-in-progress, the follow-up to my memoir, COLD PIZZA FOR BREAKFAST, and also debut a new song that I co-wrote with Dave Van Ronk a couple months ago.
How can that be, you are asking? Didn't Dave leave the planet in 2002? Yes, but way back in 1977 he said something to me that has always stayed with me, and in 2021 I found a place for his words of wisdom.
This has been a tough year, and a difficult New Year's Eve, so here's a place to land if your plans have gone askew. It's smart to stay home tonight, but there's still fun to be had.
In case you miss it, it will re-air on Dave's FB page Saturday morning.
Let's hope 2022 is a way better year than what we've been through.
Onwards and upwards!
- My friend Emily Bindiger conducted the singers, Julie Gold sat right in front of me, here's how it ended. Thank you to Phil Klum for mastering the sound at midnight.
- I changed my major SIX times. NOT the way to spend four years, but hey, that's how I did it.
- If you'd like to be part of a live audience -- turn on your camera, turn on your mic to clap -- come to zoom at 3 --- or go to YouTube if you want to be anonymous
- Christine Lavin solo at 3 PM EST then After Party at 4:45 - 6:00 PM EST with Michael Lavine, Kyle Hancharick, Tina Ross, and Craig Werth
- Here's "Secret Gardens Of The Heart" by Judy Collins --
- Today at 5 PM Eastern, then archived for later viewing -- will be approx 1 hour
- Pioneer Valley Song Swap Tonight -- Christine Lavin is the featured performer at 8:15, but from 7-8:15 will be a variety of performers from all over the US
- The first is Shel Silverstein's "The Hills Of Shiloh" that Art Podell sang lead on, and created the arrangement; the second is "Molly," from Biff Rose's debut album, that Art co-produced
- Tonight at 7 PM Eastern -- join me along with Sonny Ochs, Ron Olesko, Daniel Cainer, Claudia & Dan Zanes, Scott Ainsley, Mike Agranoff, David Roth (filling in for Pierce Pettis), Greg Greenway, Rod MacDonald, Kate Taylor, and Art Podell. FREE.
- Dave Lefkowitz is one funny guy - I'll be on his FB page at 11, though behind the scenes starting at 10 -- lots of wonderful guests
- In time for Christmas/Kwanzaa/Boxing Day/New Year's/Solstice -- and late Chanukah gift --
- An embarrassment of riches in-between -- David Mallett ("Inch By Inch, Row By Row"), guitarist extraordinaire Mary Flower, jazzy comedian Vance Gilbert, musical storyteller Walter Parks, happy bluesman Robert Ross, brilliant raconteur . . .