Saturday night at 7:30 PM Eastern solo concert for Golden Link of Rochester; 8:45 After Party with my friends Kat Goldman & David Ippolito
I'm taking requests -- the concert is free -- Kat Goldman has just written her first book: OFF THE CHARTS: WHAT I LEARNED FROM MY ALMOST FABULOUS LIFE IN MUSIC and will read excerpts from it, and David Ippolito, for more than 25 years as That Guitar Man From Central Park, will be sharing music and stories from his fascinating life.
Christine Lavin - a Golden Link Online Concert! An ONLINE Golden Link Concert Live Streaming Saturday, March 6 at 7:30 pm EDT
“It is precisely her take on the ordinary that makes her work so extraordinary.” – Village Voice
“Lavin’s hilarious, insightful story-songs always have a twist, they’re perfectly complemented by tuneful folk melodies, and they’ll make you forget just about any problems you have.” – CD Review
Christine Lavin is a witty songwriter-storyteller with a flair for the creative, the dramatic, and the humorous. Based in New York City, she grew up in Geneva, NY, and was inducted into the Rochester Music Hall of Fame in 2019, and at her alma mater's commencement this May, Christine will receive an Honorary Doctorate in Fine Arts from SUNY Brockport.
Christine is particularly known for her sense of humor, which is expressed in both her music and her engaging live performances, which might include baton twirling, wind chimes, a homemade videos, or a pre-concert tutorial on napkin folding. Her 25th album, On My Way to Hooterville, was released in 2020 and includes 10 new songs and one re-worked song, “Ramblin’ Waltz,” that is a re-telling of her time in 1975 when she was one of the entourage drivers for the first week of the tour of The Rolling Thunder Revue. The album reached #6 on the International Folk DJ Charts.
CLICK HERE IN ADVANCE TO REGISTER TO BE IN THE ZOOM ROOM WITH CHRISTINE, KAT AND DAVID:
If you watch in the Zoom Room we hope you will allow your camera to be on so we performers can see your shining faces. We perform better when we can see you and hear you.
But if you're shy, no worries. You can watch on Facebook and/or YouTube by clicking below:
WANT TO WATCH ON FACEBOOK? https://www.facebook.com/GoldenLinkFolk/live/
WANT TO WATCH ON YOUTUBE? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0MdcnHMrj2lFdouHjE4ujA
This concert will be streamed live, with a Zoom after-party with Christine doing songs in the round with two special guests: David Ippolito and Kat Goldman. You don’t need a ticket to watch this concert, but we hope that you will contribute something to her tip jar.Golden Link members and friends have the option to participate in the live Zoom session and applaud and laugh along with other participants.
Requests: Want Christine to sing your favorite song? If you have a request or dedication, email it to Christine in advance email@example.com. The earlier you put your request/dedication in, the better the chance it can be fulfilled.
After-Party Special Guests:
Known as “That Guitar Man of Central Park,” David Ippolito has been performing every summer for more than 25 years in Central Park, the only musician who’s ever had that privilege. The New York Times called him “The most famous person in New York… that nobody knows.”
Kat Goldman is one of Canada’s most treasured songwriters. Her songs have been covered by the Grammy-nominated band The Duhks and Dar Williams, among others. She has made four critically acclaimed albums. She has just launched her first book, “OFF THE CHARTS: What I Learned from My Almost Fabulous Life in Music” (Sutherland House Books). She lives in Toronto. for concert Facebook and YouTube streaming links and further information.
IT'S A FREE CONCERT, BUT TIPPING IS FINE -- THOUGH NOT REQUIRED. We are all doing our best to get by during this difficult time, so don't let lack of funds keep you away. Christine's concerts are always FREE.
- "That Elusive Blue" when it's not quite day, not quite night - from the album COLD PIZZA FOR BREAKFAST
- I've written a movie in the form of a song, a play in the form of a song, here's a CARTOON in the form of a song . . .
- It's quite the lineup, beginning with Daniel Cainer, then Declan O'Rourke, then Steve Tilston, all 3 live from England & Ireland, ending later with Robin & Linda Williams
- I'm between the musical saw and the Savitsky Cats -- Susan's musical answer to the question who can pick up where Ed Sullivan left off?
- For the first time: COLD PIZZA FOR BREAKFAST memoir & CL Songbook available plus 8 CD titles - buy 2, get your choice of 3rd CD for free!
- I wrote a song about him on my last album, "First Dance/Last Dance"
- "Trade Up"
- Two surprise guests from Rochester, NY, one from Key West Florida at 7:30 show -- then After Party til 9:30
- Saturday night at 7:30 PM Eastern solo concert for Golden Link of Rochester; 8:45 After Party with my friends Kat Goldman & David Ippolito
- Dar Williams is now part of the Congressional Record -- her quote starts five seconds in
- Will have a special 6 song tribute to Dave Van Ronk for a very special reason
- I sent my Click & Grow farm FB post to the company and they responded by offering a 15% discount to any friends of mine