After staying up all night working on this, the songwriter asked me not to post it -- but then he changed his mind
When I heard his song, "Between Heaven And The Ground" I instantly loved this song and went about putting a video together for it. I worked from 5 PM to 5 AM and sent it off to the songwriter, who I didn't know. We both have songs on the annual "Longest Night Of The Year" holiday compilation, but had never heard of him before this.
The first line of his song is, "Eight days shy of Christmas 1903 . . . " but that's the last mention of Christmas in his song. It's about something that happened in 1903 that you all know about, even if that clue doesn't ring a bell.
So I sent this video off to him only to my chagrin to get his response: "Please don't post it. I'm working on an EP to release in the spring, this might be the title track, and I'm already working with a videographer on it."
But then he changed his mind -- I told him I had wanted to post it to the folk DJs who receive "Longest Night" so they wouldn't miss his song (it's next to last on track 2), also wanted to post to you, my weblist, and to Facebook. After thinking it over he said it was OK to post to the Folk DJs, and to you, but he asks that you not share it, since when the album comes out his official video will be very different from this.
"Between Heaven And The Ground" by Mike P. Ryan
p.s. "The Longest Night Of The Year" isn't sold, only sent to the Folk DJs and given to the artists. I have 25 copies and this weekend they will be free with a purchase at the "On A Winter's Night" concerts in Collingswood, NJ and West Long Branch, NJ -- in case you'll be there!
- I wrote a song about him on my last album, "First Dance/Last Dance"
- "Trade Up"
- Two surprise guests from Rochester, NY, one from Key West Florida at 7:30 show -- then After Party til 9:30
- Saturday night at 7:30 PM Eastern solo concert for Golden Link of Rochester; 8:45 After Party with my friends Kat Goldman & David Ippolito
- Dar Williams is now part of the Congressional Record -- her quote starts five seconds in
- Will have a special 6 song tribute to Dave Van Ronk for a very special reason
- I sent my Click & Grow farm FB post to the company and they responded by offering a 15% discount to any friends of mine
- "Painting Resilience: The Life & Art of Fred Terna" by Julia Mayer -- the most important project I have ever worked on
- Alice Howe is a spectacular singer, Freebo a brilliant bassist - I'm their guest on Wednesday at 8 PM Eastern - plus an "After Party" with a surprise guest
- The best new song of 2021 has already been written, "Because We Need You Now" by Cliff Eberhardt & Tom Prasada-Rao
- One last video -- thank you all who sent photos for it -- Happy New Year --
- Thank you all who came to our concert -- one final video -- thanks to all who sent photos for it - "Sealed With A Kiss"