. . AND, AS THE SONG IMPLIES . . . A TORCH THAT WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE LIT . . . WEEP ALONG W/ME
We just got word that the next 8 weeks are going to be very lonely ones for all of us, so get a jump on it all and weep along with this song I wrote 25 years ago.
The string players were the string quartet from the Metropolitan Opera Orchestra. To this day my most vivid memory of this session was that it ran overtime, so I ran out and got sandwiches for the boys, and that's all they talked about for the rest of the session -- The sandwiches are beautiful! And the sodas! We've never been so well fed! I'm telling you, feed a musician and they are your friend for life.
The 2020 "On A Winter's Night" tour was suddenly canceled -- we are all back in our homes feeling shell-shocked. So much time and planning went into it -- more than 4,000 tickets were sold in advance. But we all have to take care of ourselves and our loved ones -- keep washing your hands, avoid crowds. Hey, I thought I'd avoid crowds by becoming a folksinger. Hahahahahaha.
I really don't know how it's all going to shake out, but do your best to stop touching your face, and oh yeah, bring back the bow! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IKlbTZ65kM&feature=youtu.be
Doing what I can to keep you entertained -- from my laptop to yours --
- "Painting Resilience: The Life & Art of Fred Terna" by Julia Mayer -- the most important project I have ever worked on
- Alice Howe is a spectacular singer, Freebo a brilliant bassist - I'm their guest on Wednesday at 8 PM Eastern - plus an "After Party" with a surprise guest
- The best new song of 2021 has already been written, "Because We Need You Now" by Cliff Eberhardt & Tom Prasada-Rao
- One last video -- thank you all who sent photos for it -- Happy New Year --
- Thank you all who came to our concert -- one final video -- thanks to all who sent photos for it - "Sealed With A Kiss"
- Let's ring in the new year together -- 7 PM Eastern - 9:45 PM Eastern
- Looking for still photos or short (less than 10 sec) clips of you with a photo of someone you've missed this past year
- The average chapter is 10-1/2 minutes; you can watch/read along, or just listen in the dark
- Christmas is so close - I'm going to the P.O. at 3:30 today - CDs are a lovely gift and help keep me afloat - FREE CD with any purchase
- Sunday Night: McCutcheon/McDonough/Paul/DonJuans/Lavin/Williams/Queler/Crockett/Buskin/Nininger
- Sunday, December 6, 2020
- 10 Artists 15 minutes each