. . AND, AS THE SONG IMPLIES . . . A TORCH THAT WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE LIT . . . WEEP ALONG W/ME
We just got word that the next 8 weeks are going to be very lonely ones for all of us, so get a jump on it all and weep along with this song I wrote 25 years ago.
The string players were the string quartet from the Metropolitan Opera Orchestra. To this day my most vivid memory of this session was that it ran overtime, so I ran out and got sandwiches for the boys, and that's all they talked about for the rest of the session -- The sandwiches are beautiful! And the sodas! We've never been so well fed! I'm telling you, feed a musician and they are your friend for life.
The 2020 "On A Winter's Night" tour was suddenly canceled -- we are all back in our homes feeling shell-shocked. So much time and planning went into it -- more than 4,000 tickets were sold in advance. But we all have to take care of ourselves and our loved ones -- keep washing your hands, avoid crowds. Hey, I thought I'd avoid crowds by becoming a folksinger. Hahahahahaha.
I really don't know how it's all going to shake out, but do your best to stop touching your face, and oh yeah, bring back the bow! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IKlbTZ65kM&feature=youtu.be
Doing what I can to keep you entertained -- from my laptop to yours --
- Two separate events -- for those celebrating at home -- For song swap the first 100 who show up get in.
- Let me know if you want to hear something I haven't done in a long time -- the show is 8 PM Eastern, under the umbrella of the Swallow Hill Music School of Denver
- All you need is a square cotton napkin, 16x16 or 20x20, or square paper napkin - all ages, all skill levels, beginners welcome
- Robbie Fairchild, star of Broadway's "An American In Paris," lifts his neighbors' spirits by performing a one-man show on his rooftop
- I toured 9 years with Don -- all his humor is based around being a father and now a Grandfather -- you DUDES will LOVE him today!
- I'm doing one song at 8 PM Eastern tonight and teaching how to fold a cloth napkin like Downton Abbey - p.s. from Neil deGrasse Tyson
- "More Than Meets The Eye" by Sandy Cash -- The Times of Israel helps put her song/video on the map
- Here's "Lavin Live at Passim for one hour" -- in the first 24 hours it's been viewed more than 4,500 times -- who knew?
- Free concert and song swap tonight -- starting at 8 PM at passim.org -- then we're all moving over to Zoom at 9:15
- June 1, 2020 8:45 PM FDR Drive/under the Manhattan Bridge
- Highlights from the Forever Plaid 30th Plaidiversary Reunion Special (26 minutes & 40 seconds)
- See Tom Paxton, Loudon Wainwright, Holly Near, Joe Jencks, Rory Block, Don Armstrong, Ellis Paul, and others celebrate the Caffe Lena's 60th anniversary