. . AND, AS THE SONG IMPLIES . . . A TORCH THAT WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE LIT . . . WEEP ALONG W/ME
We just got word that the next 8 weeks are going to be very lonely ones for all of us, so get a jump on it all and weep along with this song I wrote 25 years ago.
The string players were the string quartet from the Metropolitan Opera Orchestra. To this day my most vivid memory of this session was that it ran overtime, so I ran out and got sandwiches for the boys, and that's all they talked about for the rest of the session -- The sandwiches are beautiful! And the sodas! We've never been so well fed! I'm telling you, feed a musician and they are your friend for life.
The 2020 "On A Winter's Night" tour was suddenly canceled -- we are all back in our homes feeling shell-shocked. So much time and planning went into it -- more than 4,000 tickets were sold in advance. But we all have to take care of ourselves and our loved ones -- keep washing your hands, avoid crowds. Hey, I thought I'd avoid crowds by becoming a folksinger. Hahahahahaha.
I really don't know how it's all going to shake out, but do your best to stop touching your face, and oh yeah, bring back the bow! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IKlbTZ65kM&feature=youtu.be
Doing what I can to keep you entertained -- from my laptop to yours --
- Chapters 1 and 2 were sent this time last night -- here's the next chapter in the book, when things start to percolate . . .
- So now I'm posting it on YouTube, too, and at midnight every night I will be posting a new chapter
- ONE OF YOU WHO WATCHED IT HAS ALREADY MADE 8 FACE MASKS
- David's been the Guitar Man Of Central Park for 27 years -- today I'll be his live guest today -- FREE online concert at 4 PM Eastern, 1 PM Pacific
- Watching this might be THE most important hour of your year -- he is on the front lines, he knows how to stay safe
- If you have a sewing machine, cotton fabric, and a desire to help, the medical world needs what you can do
- Sign up now, take the brief tour, and get ready for the world debut of "Everybody Must Stay Home" as part of today's concert
- JULIE DOESN'T JUST WRITE GREAT SONGS, SHE'S GOT MANY, MANY STORIES UP HER SLEEVE -- WE MADE A VIDEO FOR ONE OF THEM
- . . AND, AS THE SONG IMPLIES . . . A TORCH THAT WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE LIT . . . WEEP ALONG W/ME
- Concert canceled so I spent the day making a video: "Cold Pizza For Breakfast"
- I just completed the video for "Bring Back The Bow," which I hope will help stop spreading germs
- Look up on Thursday Feb 27th to watch Venus kiss the moon. Again.