Robbie Fairchild, star of Broadway's "An American In Paris," lifts his neighbors' spirits by performing a one-man show on his rooftop
Monday night's "Jim Caruso's Pajama Cast Party" is the BEST show I have seen in my 17 years of attending. It begins with the Tony-winning actor/singer Alice Ripley, includes Ruby Locknar, not only the show's producer, but celebrating her 21st birthday AND stopping the show with a performance she'll be proud of forever, and this, my favorite moment in an A+++ show -- former principal dancer of the NYC ballet, Robbie Fairchild, who starred in, "An American In Paris" on Broadway (saw it 2x because of him), showing off his dance moves on his rooftop.
Robbie Fairchild on his NYC rooftop
Here's the entire 100 minute show --
Cast Party going online is one of the few silver linings of this pandemic -- now thousands of people each week get to see it, not just the 120 who can squeeze into Birdland every Monday night. When I say this is the BEST show I have ever seen Jim Caruso put together and host, I don't say things like that lightly. And the fact that Ruby Locknar, whose idea this was to go online, gets to stop the show on her 21st birthday -- what a moment for her. I have watched her perform at Cast Party at Birdland since she was six years old. I feel like a proud aunt.
A show like this makes me miss Ed Sullivan. Wherever he is, I'm sure he's thrilled that Jim Caruso is carrying on his proud tradition of bringing the best live performers to your screen.
- Listen to this A++ singer sing her brilliant a cappella song, "Wear A Mask" -- and please share --
- Join Don White and me in the chat room of a watch party for a show we did that was secretly filmed four years ago -- and yes, the secret filmmaker will be there, too --
- Tickets are only $10 -- I'm sure it will be a fascinating conversation
- The GVFF from 7 PM to 10 PM Eastern time LIVE on your screen tonight - FREE - https://www.facebook.com/GVFF2020/
- Two separate events -- for those celebrating at home -- For song swap the first 100 who show up get in.
- Let me know if you want to hear something I haven't done in a long time -- the show is 8 PM Eastern, under the umbrella of the Swallow Hill Music School of Denver
- All you need is a square cotton napkin, 16x16 or 20x20, or square paper napkin - all ages, all skill levels, beginners welcome
- Robbie Fairchild, star of Broadway's "An American In Paris," lifts his neighbors' spirits by performing a one-man show on his rooftop
- I toured 9 years with Don -- all his humor is based around being a father and now a Grandfather -- you DUDES will LOVE him today!
- I'm doing one song at 8 PM Eastern tonight and teaching how to fold a cloth napkin like Downton Abbey - p.s. from Neil deGrasse Tyson
- "More Than Meets The Eye" by Sandy Cash -- The Times of Israel helps put her song/video on the map
- Here's "Lavin Live at Passim for one hour" -- in the first 24 hours it's been viewed more than 4,500 times -- who knew?