Two events tonight - 7 PM Eastern concert, 8 PM Eastern zoom song circle with two special guests -- here's the link to zoom, but please do not post it anywhere
At 7 PM Eastern time I will be doing a one hour concert https://www.facebook.com/events/961613830944735/
Immediately following at 8 PM will be a Zoom song circle with two of my favorite singer/songwriters in the world -- one is American from the midwest, one is British from London. You might be able to guess who they are. The Zoom song circle links are right here, but we ask you not post them anywhere (or else we get zoom bombers determined to disrupt the event).
AFTERPARTY!!! 8 PM - 9 PM ET, 7-8 PM Central, 1 AM - 2 AM London Time with TWO of my all-time favorite singer/songwriters
Meeting ID: 878 1175 4431
Both events are free, but tipping is greatly welcomed. We are all trying to stay alive during this pandemic, and this is one of the ways we are trying to do that. But no worries -- if you can't tip, please join us anyway. That's the end of the begging portion of my newsletter.
Have a great weekend -- hope to see you later.
- For decades Phil's sister Sonny Ochs has hosted these shows across the country -- tonight it's all LIVE and FREE on your screen
- We didn't know what songs we'd hear, and looking back on this, it's wonderful -- I list who plays when so you can skip to your favorites
- My live Hurdy Gurdy concert has been moved from indoors to online -- I'm joined by a dozen singer/songwriters each doing 2 songs -- from 7 PM to 10 PM Eastern
- It begins with a funny song for our times, "Stress" by Jim Infantino, ends with Kate Taylor's lovely, "I've Got A Message"
- A strong lineup for top to bottom -- the incomparable Jim Infantino opens, Kate closes, and an embarrassment of riches in between
- Columnist Jennifer Finney Boylan was inspired by the song to write about her best summer -- what was yours?
- The PFF asked me to help MC, and to do a 15-20 min minute set, which is the exact length of this one song, which is based on something that really happened
- Starting with Brooks Williams in Cambridge, UK --- closing with B&B in the US -- next month Bob Lind is headliner (yes, The Elusive Butterfly Of Love guy)
- Wonderful food (dining room opens at 5:30) -- spectacular desserts -- LIVE entertainment -- Tickets $25 in advance, $30 at the door.
- Believe it or not, when I wrote this song inspired by the 2009 Scripps Spelling Bee, I SPELT TWO WORDS WRONG! Finally I've made up for it.
- Jimmy Webb wrote the perfect song for the launch back in 1978, and here Michael Feinstein sings it.
- Have a favorite in the show? Here's when each performs so you can zip right to them --