My concert is sponsored by McCabe's Guitar Shop in Santa Monica, live on FB at 11 PM Eastern on Friday. The After Party on Zoom immediately follows at Midnight. Finally, something for your night owls!
The After Party is limited to 100 participants -- so if this interests you, later this week the coordinates for the Zoom After Party will be part of my next newsletter -- it is never posted in public and most people won't get the info til the solo concert, but since you subscribe here, well, you gotta get something special for signing up! I ask you not post it anywhere (there's a problem of "zoom bombers" who come to disrupt our after party song circles, so it's a way to keep them out).
The two Midnight Zoom guests won't be announced until the day of the concert -- I can tell you they are both west coast performers, both at the top of their game, and I plan to make a 'highlight' video of the After Party and will email it to all who attend. For one of them it will be his first time online since the pandemic started, and he's debuting three brand new songs -- the other is a protege of his, so he'll be doing the intros for him (and it's someone else I'm a very big fan of).
My facebook page is facebook.com/christine.lavin.5 -- that's where the live concert will be streamed at 11 PM Eastern (8 PM Pacific). But it will also be at youtube -- I have a tech who coordinates all that, so I'm not sure of all the details, but he is.
I'm also in the final stages of mixing my new album -- guests on this album include Robin Batteau on violin, Amelia Krinke on viola, Steve Doyle on Bass, Brian Bauers on harmonies. Daniel Glass on percussion, with a special guest appearance by Joe Montano, an audiologist at Cornell Weill Medical Center in NYC. The song he is on also includes hearing test beeps. Can you see a pattern developing here?
Have a good week. Wear a mask, please. And let me know if you have a request. Or a long socially distant dedication.
- I wrote a song about him on my last album, "First Dance/Last Dance"
- "Trade Up"
- Two surprise guests from Rochester, NY, one from Key West Florida at 7:30 show -- then After Party til 9:30
- Saturday night at 7:30 PM Eastern solo concert for Golden Link of Rochester; 8:45 After Party with my friends Kat Goldman & David Ippolito
- Dar Williams is now part of the Congressional Record -- her quote starts five seconds in
- Will have a special 6 song tribute to Dave Van Ronk for a very special reason
- I sent my Click & Grow farm FB post to the company and they responded by offering a 15% discount to any friends of mine
- "Painting Resilience: The Life & Art of Fred Terna" by Julia Mayer -- the most important project I have ever worked on
- Alice Howe is a spectacular singer, Freebo a brilliant bassist - I'm their guest on Wednesday at 8 PM Eastern - plus an "After Party" with a surprise guest
- The best new song of 2021 has already been written, "Because We Need You Now" by Cliff Eberhardt & Tom Prasada-Rao
- One last video -- thank you all who sent photos for it -- Happy New Year --
- Thank you all who came to our concert -- one final video -- thanks to all who sent photos for it - "Sealed With A Kiss"