My concert is sponsored by McCabe's Guitar Shop in Santa Monica, live on FB at 11 PM Eastern on Friday. The After Party on Zoom immediately follows at Midnight. Finally, something for your night owls!
The After Party is limited to 100 participants -- so if this interests you, later this week the coordinates for the Zoom After Party will be part of my next newsletter -- it is never posted in public and most people won't get the info til the solo concert, but since you subscribe here, well, you gotta get something special for signing up! I ask you not post it anywhere (there's a problem of "zoom bombers" who come to disrupt our after party song circles, so it's a way to keep them out).
The two Midnight Zoom guests won't be announced until the day of the concert -- I can tell you they are both west coast performers, both at the top of their game, and I plan to make a 'highlight' video of the After Party and will email it to all who attend. For one of them it will be his first time online since the pandemic started, and he's debuting three brand new songs -- the other is a protege of his, so he'll be doing the intros for him (and it's someone else I'm a very big fan of).
My facebook page is facebook.com/christine.lavin.5 -- that's where the live concert will be streamed at 11 PM Eastern (8 PM Pacific). But it will also be at youtube -- I have a tech who coordinates all that, so I'm not sure of all the details, but he is.
I'm also in the final stages of mixing my new album -- guests on this album include Robin Batteau on violin, Amelia Krinke on viola, Steve Doyle on Bass, Brian Bauers on harmonies. Daniel Glass on percussion, with a special guest appearance by Joe Montano, an audiologist at Cornell Weill Medical Center in NYC. The song he is on also includes hearing test beeps. Can you see a pattern developing here?
Have a good week. Wear a mask, please. And let me know if you have a request. Or a long socially distant dedication.
- For decades Phil's sister Sonny Ochs has hosted these shows across the country -- tonight it's all LIVE and FREE on your screen
- We didn't know what songs we'd hear, and looking back on this, it's wonderful -- I list who plays when so you can skip to your favorites
- My live Hurdy Gurdy concert has been moved from indoors to online -- I'm joined by a dozen singer/songwriters each doing 2 songs -- from 7 PM to 10 PM Eastern
- It begins with a funny song for our times, "Stress" by Jim Infantino, ends with Kate Taylor's lovely, "I've Got A Message"
- A strong lineup for top to bottom -- the incomparable Jim Infantino opens, Kate closes, and an embarrassment of riches in between
- Columnist Jennifer Finney Boylan was inspired by the song to write about her best summer -- what was yours?
- The PFF asked me to help MC, and to do a 15-20 min minute set, which is the exact length of this one song, which is based on something that really happened
- Starting with Brooks Williams in Cambridge, UK --- closing with B&B in the US -- next month Bob Lind is headliner (yes, The Elusive Butterfly Of Love guy)
- Wonderful food (dining room opens at 5:30) -- spectacular desserts -- LIVE entertainment -- Tickets $25 in advance, $30 at the door.
- Believe it or not, when I wrote this song inspired by the 2009 Scripps Spelling Bee, I SPELT TWO WORDS WRONG! Finally I've made up for it.
- Jimmy Webb wrote the perfect song for the launch back in 1978, and here Michael Feinstein sings it.
- Have a favorite in the show? Here's when each performs so you can zip right to them --