Your chance to be part of music history -- Kate Taylor and Peter Asher in the studio 50 years after "Sister Kate"
Kate Taylor is a dear, and she's going back into the recording studio 50 years after she and Peter Asher made history with her album, "Sister Kate," and they'll be working with some of the same musicians. If you pledge $30 you get the album autographed by both of them. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? A hundred years from now your great great grandchildren will get good news on The Antiques Road Show, so you'd be investing in your heirs' future. Your $30 will no doubt be worth at least $100 by then, if not more.
"Sister Kate 50th anniversary" listen to Kate Taylor and Peter Asher describe what they're doing
Kate is on "Just One Angel," one of my holiday compilations, where she sings a new Robert Burns translation of "Auld Lang Syne." Her brother James sings harmony on it as only she can. She's been making her living for years creating jewelry out of wampum, but has never stopped singing and playing, so it will be wonderful to hear her do an entire album (she also has a song on "Follow That Road," the second Martha's Vineyard Singer/Songwriter Retreat collection).
I'm sure this new album will be wonderful. We all need good positive things to look forward to during this bleak time. This is one of them.
- The show starts at 8 - I go on at 9 PM - 9:20 PM Eastern - a good lineup of musicians hoping for the best
- Your chance to be part of music history -- Kate Taylor and Peter Asher in the studio 50 years after "Sister Kate"
- 8 PM concert, followed by 9:15 song swap with Robin Batteau, Shanna In A Dress, and Jane Godfrey
- Am selling my CDs myself - want 'em autographed? Just ask! I'm the president, messenger, receptionist, and bookkeeper of my record company.
- Robin Batteau and me from 4-5:15 Eastern; at 5:30 Robin & I co-host Hillary Rollins' annual House Party open mic - both free -- many confirmed performers already -- a one night songwriters' festival
- What better way to prepare for the debate? Will be showing 4BB vids and Robin Batteau's brand new one, too - LIVE!
- Robin was live at the Greenwich Village Folk Festival; friends watching him joined him -- what a result --
- The other three performers are Reggie Harris, Siobhan O'Brien, and Marc Douglas Berardo
- Going to the P.O. on Monday at 4 PM to mail out 25 that are going out free with purchase of my new album -- last chance for swag --
- Meet Don White, Megon McDonough, Elizabeth Mosier, Peg Espinola, and Janet Feld -- all doing what they do best
- Celebrating the release of my brand new album, 'ON MY WAY TO HOOTERVILLE' followed by Song-Swap with Surprise Guests on Friday night
- Sing and/or play along with Robin Batteau around 9 PM when he does his classic, "Guinevere" - let me know if you want the sheet music