Christmas is so close - I'm going to the P.O. at 3:30 today - CDs are a lovely gift and help keep me afloat - FREE CD with any purchase
Each order gets a FREE copy of either "Just One Angel" or "The Longest Night Of The Year."
I produced "Just One Angel" 10 years ago, thought it was out of print until my sister found a box in her basement, so these are the very last copies. Jeff Daniels is on it, Janis Ian is on it, Megon McDonough is on it and 20 other wonderful singer/songwriters who have great holiday songs they had never released. Collectors' item for The Antiques Road Show!
"The Longest Night Of The Year" has 26 arists on it all doing brand new holiday songs. This collection is never sold, just GIVEN to Folk DJs around the world as an annual gift -- you can't buy it anywhere. I have 10 copies left.
If you buy ANY of my albums (Hooterville, Best Of, Spaghettification, Hillary Rollins Presents CL & Friends Live at McCabek's) you get to choose which holiday compilation you get for free -- JOA or TLNOTY.
If you order by 3:15 Eastern today, the P.O. closes at 4. It's an 8 minute walk from my apartment, so it will go out today. This offer is good right up to the end of the year. Just go to christinelavin.com and click on the "CD Store" button.
And here's a holiday story I wrote and recorded years ago -- suitable for little kids or for your inner little kid. It's about two brothers, Ian and Noah, their parents who want them to eat healthy, and their "creative" grandma who thinks she can turn anything into a pancake:
Wear a mask!
Wash your hands!
Count your blessings!
- For decades Phil's sister Sonny Ochs has hosted these shows across the country -- tonight it's all LIVE and FREE on your screen
- We didn't know what songs we'd hear, and looking back on this, it's wonderful -- I list who plays when so you can skip to your favorites
- My live Hurdy Gurdy concert has been moved from indoors to online -- I'm joined by a dozen singer/songwriters each doing 2 songs -- from 7 PM to 10 PM Eastern
- It begins with a funny song for our times, "Stress" by Jim Infantino, ends with Kate Taylor's lovely, "I've Got A Message"
- A strong lineup for top to bottom -- the incomparable Jim Infantino opens, Kate closes, and an embarrassment of riches in between
- Columnist Jennifer Finney Boylan was inspired by the song to write about her best summer -- what was yours?
- The PFF asked me to help MC, and to do a 15-20 min minute set, which is the exact length of this one song, which is based on something that really happened
- Starting with Brooks Williams in Cambridge, UK --- closing with B&B in the US -- next month Bob Lind is headliner (yes, The Elusive Butterfly Of Love guy)
- Wonderful food (dining room opens at 5:30) -- spectacular desserts -- LIVE entertainment -- Tickets $25 in advance, $30 at the door.
- Believe it or not, when I wrote this song inspired by the 2009 Scripps Spelling Bee, I SPELT TWO WORDS WRONG! Finally I've made up for it.
- Jimmy Webb wrote the perfect song for the launch back in 1978, and here Michael Feinstein sings it.
- Have a favorite in the show? Here's when each performs so you can zip right to them --